Aluminium Decals

SSG-TMF

Lawrence, Kansas
Vehicle Model
Mazda Speed 3
I'm fixing to get a 9th gen civic Si.
I want the HFP body kit with the wheels, but its kind of expensive from Honda.
However I found an aftermarket kit which is much, much cheaper.
I figure I could get that, but I want to put Mugen badges on the side skirts.
My question is, how do I install those? And the second question is, i've never done any body styling myself, is it worth it money wise to get the aftermarket HFP aero kit and then take it to a shop and have them do the kit and the decals with the labor included? Or will it all come out the same? So shop vs honda dealership?

Maybe someone answered this question before, point me to the right thread and I'll do more research.
Thanks

My 2 cents..... having worked in a body shop, knowing what I know about paint, prep and installation, you would be best served to buy the original OEM HFP kit. The aftermarket kit may be cheaper initially, but it is not installed for one.... so you may have to slot some holes, twist, stretch, heat with a heat gun, and fight to get it to 'look' right. Then to paint it, it has to be removed again after fitting to the car, washed with soap and water, and a cleaning solvent.

Next, it would be wise to bake the parts to make sure all the mold release agents are out, and wash again after cooling down, and not just the side that's getting painted... so another round of washing with soap and water, and a solvent based wipe. After that, then you would prepare the surface by sanding ( if a solvent test on the primed parts is OK ) otherwise, you might be stripping off the primer if the paint system solvents attack it.

Once the surface is ready, then into the booth, a final wipe down, tack rag, base coat and clear coat.

You could potentially pay 8-10 hours to have the cheaper kit fitted and painted properly in a bodyshop, or more. I am not sure if the HFP skirt kit is painted if you order from the dealer or not, but at least it will fit properly and be made out of a durable material. Some aftermarket stuff is just garbage, IMO.

Check into ALL the costs if you can't do all of the above yourself.

hfp comes pre-painted to the color of your car. It's just a matter of installing it, which piropal posted above. Collegehillshonda offers it below msrp cost, where most dealerships won't budge on pricing.
Scroll down a bit for the various pieces to the kit.
http://www.collegehillshonda.com/ho...12-honda-civic-coupe-exterior-accessories.htm

Totally a deal, I'll have to order that kit from them. Maybe find a buddy who knows what hes doing more than me with body stuff.
Either way any way I can get a hold of the kit cheaper is a plus.
I definately saw some terrible review of the aftermarket body kit.

I did try to contact a local dealer today after formation and they said the price is the price. But they wouldn't charge me an install fee. But thats still just too much.
I havent owned an Si before, I did have an acura rsx and I loved it. I'm looking forward to getting this civic si.
For now I have been pricing performance parts for the car and besides the HFP kit.
I had priced a Mugen Shifter Knob, Takeda Cold Air Intake, a CT Short Shifter, and the mugen decals.

I'm looking forward to the build.

Back