Any idea what this hose goes to?

Goose

Tx.
Vehicle Model
2012 Civic Si
Body Style
Sedan
Long story short, a mechanic friend of mine voluntarily installed my new air filter (OEM), and in the process removed a hose. He claims it served no purpose, but my ride feels different.
It's more quiet and hitting VTEC doesn't feel the same as it used to. So here are some pics, maybe you guys can identify it for me and tell me where it goes?
Thanks in advance.
:confuzzled: Worried as heck.

FYI ----> This is from a 2012 Civic Si.

20150412_232442.jpg
20150412_232434.jpg

20150412_232422.jpg

Said it's oem. Just a new filter in the oem box I'm guessing.
Hmmm...missed that.

Only thing I can think of is the hose that gets eliminated with some of the aftermarket intakes is replaced with a filter on the valve cover. Not something I would be comfortable doing without a tune though.

Long story short, a mechanic friend of mine voluntarily installed my new air filter (OEM), and in the process removed a hose. He claims it served no purpose, but my ride feels different.
It's more quiet and hitting VTEC doesn't feel the same as it used to. So here are some pics, maybe you guys can identify it for me and tell me where it goes?
Thanks in advance.

View attachment 46524
View attachment 46525

View attachment 46526
Post of pic of your engine bay - hood up on your car? It could potentially be compared to a stock engine bay.

Said it's oem. Just a new filter in the oem box I'm guessing.
This is correct, no aftermarket air intake was installed. It was just an air filter replacement.

Thanks in advance.

View attachment 46524
View attachment 46525

View attachment 46526
Is there any number or markings at all on the hose or plastic?

This is everything that connects to the intake itself (including resonator) except for the spot on the hose next to the throttlebody.

c2ed16d68c8ac677ca1491e589119ab1.png

20150413_103116.jpg

This is the only visible text/marking on this little piece. it says EJ.

It may be the pcv valve with the hose attached. Pretty sure it's located down by the alternator on the engine block.

Back