Any idea what this hose goes to?

Is it possible that this piece is not even from your car and your "mechanic" picked it up and just assumed that it came from your car so he gave it to you. ? Maybe it was from a previous job. ?
It may be possible but when i pulled up i saw nothing in his hands.
Now that i recall, i do remember him mentioning if i had removed any parts and showed me the hose and i said no; which led to his conclusion of it not belonging there and just told me to save it just in case.

Can you pull the threaded elbow piece off of the hose and see if there are any markings on it. Still looks like some sort of pcv valve to me, just maybe not from your car.

Can you pull the threaded elbow piece off of the hose and see if there are any markings on it. Still looks like some sort of pcv valve to me, just maybe not from your car.
Here you go, nothing on it as well.

20150413_134209.jpg

Man idk. Looks like some kind of pcv valve to me but other than that I have no clue. Doesn't look like anything on our cars though.

Alright, after going to see my friend (Mechanic), he told me that he had no idea why it was in my engine bay and that it could be possible that he left it there on accident.
When i asked him about what it looked like, he confirmed that it was indeed a PCV as @Bulkybear suggested; but definitely wasn't mine.
So it's confirmed we are clear.
Thanks to everyone who gave me some direction, peace.
:thumbsup:

PS. as for the car driving differently it was the airbox not sealed correctly, last time i shall let that happen.:hatsoff:

Your mechanic be like

bad_mechanic_with_part.jpg

azure_20060920_001.jpg

Back