Anybody Interested in a Custom Matching Dead Pedal for the '12 Si?

How about an optional insert/rear cover (not the rubber protruding from the pedal though) for the holes? That way both sides win.

I know that I definitely want to have an insert/cover so that dirt does not get behind the pedal and so that you can't see the grip pattern on the stock pedal underneath, which will get very dirty if exposed via the holes. I would also prefer not to pay $50 for an unfinished product and have to do it myself, especially since I will do it nowhere near as well as someone who is able to buy the exactly correct material in bulk for the purpose of applying it to many other pedals as well.

The reason I have been asking about the rubber is that we will be dealing with a custom machine shop, not a producer of mass market products. Anything outside of metal production is most likely outside of their expertise.

Bulk is relative, btw. Right now we are looking at 13 people being interested. Also, I am afraid this may need to be stamped to get a good match (I hope not!). Stamping means a mold. Mold's can cause a part to be pretty expensive when the quantity produced is small. This will also need a mounting bracket fabricated. So, it is not as simple as a single piece of metal being made.

Remember, prices are driven down by quantity produced. When a manufacturer (such as Strut King) lists something for sale such as a dead pedal, I am sure they are producing at least 1000 to make it worthwhile. They also have the ability to add frills such as rubber inserts.

I will take off both the dead pedal and the accelerator to see what is going on and post some pics tonight.

I didn't get a chance to take things apart last night. I will do it tomorrow since I will have the day off.

The reason I have been asking about the rubber is that we will be dealing with a custom machine shop, not a producer of mass market products. Anything outside of metal production is most likely outside of their expertise.

Bulk is relative, btw. Right now we are looking at 13 people being interested. Also, I am afraid this may need to be stamped to get a good match (I hope not!). Stamping means a mold. Mold's can cause a part to be pretty expensive when the quantity produced is small. This will also need a mounting bracket fabricated. So, it is not as simple as a single piece of metal being made.

Remember, prices are driven down by quantity produced. When a manufacturer (such as Strut King) lists something for sale such as a dead pedal, I am sure they are producing at least 1000 to make it worthwhile. They also have the ability to add frills such as rubber inserts.
Okay, good points

would this work on the r18? been looking for something like this as well as possibly pedal covers?

OK everyone. Bad news. I went ahead and talked to the machine shop about this due to my impatience (not to mention the holiday weekend coming up). Their machinist said this would either need to be done via a stamp or a punch press. Neither of which their shop does.

If anybody else may know of a machine shop that could do this, please go ask them!

Last edited:
webby

Would you like me to continue to keep track of people interested?

I'm not working on anything - strutking is going to have them available in about ~8 weeks. The mold is in production.

Back