Anyone else having battery issues?

I also got notice that I have a vin that needs an update. Only problem is I have been tuning with flash pro, and I can't just put it to stock tune because I have a 3.5" intake mad it wouldn't run right. I haven't had any battery issues so far but I feel like they may just do it next time I go in for an oil change without me asking for it.

I also got notice that I have a vin that needs an update. Only problem is I have been tuning with flash pro, and I can't just put it to stock tune because I have a 3.5" intake mad it wouldn't run right. I haven't had any battery issues so far but I feel like they may just do it next time I go in for an oil change without me asking for it.
It's a pita for them to flash it. It's just like flashing with Flashpro, they bring in a laptop, etc. They won't just do it without warning.

How'd you get a notice...by mail?

well the letter i received was regarding my EX that i traded in, stopped in at the dealer,, my SI isn't within the VIN affected range,, so they wont update it, PISSED because i know there is an issue. oh well Flashpro in the spring with take care of it, im pretty sure you can disable the battery management so it will just charge like a normal alternator setup

I just got my bulletin/notice in the mail today... I already had mine done last week, but otherwise they are cutting it pretty close giving a Dec 31st deadline...

Doesn't provide a VIN range though, but you could call your dealership to see if you're in the affected batch. Not sure why one line scanned all smudgy, but it just says to contact your local dealership or use the contact info at the bottom of the letter.

Nice to see they gave you 4 days to get the problem fixed. If a dealership won't fix this after the 31st, I'd put up a major fight. If they know there is a problem, they need to give people longer than a week to get it fixed. Especially right at the freaking holidays.

december 31st, 2014! lol at first i was like WHAT?! then i looked at the year.
regardless i dont think my local dealer will update me, might call one in halifax maybe they will hook me up, i really dont want another dead battery

I talked to my dealer today, he will get back to me after the 2nd. I know I had this problem,everything has happened to me that you guys and girls ate talking about . I want some money.miss e when did you buy your car?

Haha, holy crap... I totally didn't even look at the year and just assumed it was December of this year. Well either way, I got mine taken care of and I'm hoping for the best! My dealership was actively calling those of us who had reported battery issues in the past even before we received the bulletins in the mail. Since they had already replaced mine once before I was on that list.

@bobshur I bought my car at the end of January 2012, so it will be 2 years old at the end of next month.

I wonder if this applies to the 2013 ILX as well. I have a 2013 ILX 2.4 6 Speed and it didn't start a couple weeks ago... (-20c) Called Acura and they say there is no recall/product update but I wonder if it's just because there are less ILX's and it's not been widely reported.

I just got my bulletin/notice in the mail today... I already had mine done last week, but otherwise they are cutting it pretty close giving a Dec 31st deadline...

Doesn't provide a VIN range though, but you could call your dealership to see if you're in the affected batch. Not sure why one line scanned all smudgy, but it just says to contact your local dealership or use the contact info at the bottom of the letter.
Got my letter today. Looks like 2012s are getting it......well, Canadian 2012s anyway.

I wonder if this applies to the 2013 ILX as well. I have a 2013 ILX 2.4 6 Speed and it didn't start a couple weeks ago... (-20c) Called Acura and they say there is no recall/product update but I wonder if it's just because there are less ILX's and it's not been widely reported.
The letter posted by another member said it applied to a certain vin range of 2012's. I'm not sure if any 2013 owners have experienced the same thing. Did Acura give you a new battery?

I have a 2013 and I have noticed my battery weak, and died on me only with about 10mins of having the headlights on w/o the engine running. Dealer checked the battery and said it tested ok. but seems abnormal to me

Save yourself the hassle and buy a yellow top, those factory batteries are crap.

Save yourself the hassle and buy a yellow top, those factory batteries are crap.

Listen bud, it won't matter what battery is in there if the cars not charging it properly the yellow top will slowly start showing the same symptoms.

1 get the the update 2 replace the ruined battery. common sense is not so common

Back