Anyone else having battery issues?

Is anyone who got a firmware update experiencing this issue again, or did that solve it permanently? I've had this problem for a while, and my VIN is on the list.

Is anyone who got a firmware update experiencing this issue again, or did that solve it permanently? I've had this problem for a while, and my VIN is on the list.
I think a lot of bad batteries were released. Some users had 3-4 batteries swapped under warranty. Not many complaints recently, as I'm guessing the bad stuff was flushed out.

I've replaced my battery a few times, and I even got this one charged and checked at AutoZone multiple times. I called my local Honda dealership, and they said there is a firmware update for it, so I'm going to try to go in tomorrow to get it. They estimated $60. I guess it could always be a bad battery, but wouldn't a bad battery fail AutoZone's test? I'm not sure what the criteria is for passing that test.

Last edited:
What problems are you having currently? You mention it failing autozone tests. Failing their test should mean it’s a bad battery?

The problem I'm having is it not starting on the first try. It usually sounds like the starter is trying to start the car, but doesn't have enough power. It gives up. Then, if I try again a few seconds later, it starts normally. Charging the battery fixes the issue temporarily.

My battery always passes the AutoZone test (I made a typo in my last post). The charging system part of the battery test fails though, and I just replaced the alternator. I replaced the ELD as well. The car continues to run perfectly when the battery is disconnected. That makes me think either:

1. their battery test is inaccurate
2. the charging system is not working properly due to that firmware bug

Last edited:
Since you're going to honda today, have them run their battery test. See what it passes or fails their test.

Is this another problem for the 2013 model? I have noticed that a small power drain seems to be coming from the car draining the battery, if not run for a while I bet the battery would die. I have a top of the napa line battery and don't want to lose it. My battery tender has failed I am getting another one right away. There was acid leaking on one post that may have been caused by a power drain just sitting for a few days. My two neons dodge's have no problems like this even with a racing battery, no vtc problems either.:beer:

Back