Anyone here a beer advocate?

Oh boy..... beer! yeah! There is an awesome beer store here. 3000+ kinds, plus coolers, plus homebrew section, plus taps for refilling growlers.

Im a big IPA fan. Probably my favorite brewery is Dogfish Head. I really like most of the stuff from Rogue as well.

My favorite beer ever? There are 2 varieties Classic and Helles. (The real Bier labeled one is unavailable in the states)

It's from Austria. A brewery called Schloss-Eggenberg. They make it once a year on December 6th. Then it's aged for 10 months before bottling. It's extremely rare and is 14% alcohol. A perfect beer for cellaring, it gets better as it ages. I've had supreme perfection at around 2 years. It's called....

SAMICLAUS

samichlausclassic.jpg

One of each after a year in the cellar..

z8vr.jpg

And cracking the Helles (red bottle)

74j3.jpg

I threw my brother a pretty intense beer birthday party a couple years ago... at least 12 of each kind
There is some awful swill for people who didn't know better. Good beer would have been a waste.

Beer List:
(Swill) Sparks, Genny Bock, Steel Reserve
Bellhaven Scottish Ale
Kona's Wailua Wheat
2x Blue Moon Samplers
DogfishHead 60min & 90min
Rogue Dead Guy
Heavy Seas Loose Cannon
Young's Double Chocolate Stout (Nitro brew cans)
Otter Creek Copper Ale
Samiclaus
Urbock 23
Unibroue 750ml bottles:
-Terrible
-Ephemere
-Maudite
-Trois Pistoles
-Fin du Monde

I put a lot of the high end ones in the kitchen fridge so he would be surprised to see them all but then in the "party room"

4d2p.jpg

px1p.jpg

Oh boy..... beer! yeah! There is an awesome beer store here. 3000+ kinds, plus coolers, plus homebrew section, plus taps for refilling growlers.

Im a big IPA fan. Probably my favorite brewery is Dogfish Head. I really like most of the stuff from Rogue as well.

My favorite beer ever? There are 2 varieties Classic and Helles. (The real Bier labeled one is unavailable in the states)

It's from Austria. A brewery called Schloss-Eggenberg. They make it once a year on December 6th. Then it's aged for 10 months before bottling. It's extremely rare and is 14% alcohol. A perfect beer for cellaring, it gets better as it ages. I've had supreme perfection at around 2 years. It's called....

SAMICLAUS

Dogfish Head and Rogue are two of my favorites as well.

Is that Samiclaus a double bock? I can't say I'm a fan of bocks, let alone double bocks, but it would definitely be interesting to try :giggle:

I know there are some IPAs that are good aged but I can't say I've tried any personally.

The Samiclaus is a malt instead of a true bock. It's very very thick. Worth a try if you have the chance to buy a single. It's unlike anything else Ive ever had. People generally don't like them but I think it's the best!

Dogfish 120min. IPA is fantastic when it's aged. I thought it was not that good when fresh. They are super expensive when you can find them! Like $15 each. If you've got the $$ get a couple and try one right away and put another aside to age. One year makes a huuuge difference. It's really hard aging beers though because I know how good they are and I always just want to drink them right away!

I definitely will give it a try if I ever see it. I always enjoy trying new beers even if it's something I don't normally drink.

I've had 120min IPA fresh as well. It was definitely good but not $15 a bottle good. I would like to try an age a bottle.

I agree, it is definitely hard not to drink a good beer as soon as you get them :giggle:

My guilty pleasure as far as pricy beers go is Duvel. I love Belgian strong ales and Duvel is one of my favorites. I actually had a glass near the France-Belgium border when I was in France many years back. At that time, I was not even a big beer fan and I still thoroughly enjoyed it.

Reactions: Nix
I also am a fan of Dogfish Head and Blue Moon. I like Blue Moon's Belgian Style Pale Ale too, but it's not exactly Belgian Pale Ale.

I knew I could find you in here, Mr '06.

I'm game for a good beer anytime. I like Rogue, Deschutes, and of course my collegiate-based Sierra Nevada. SN stuff is much better on tap and fresh in their Taproom restaurant. I also live right next to Rogue's Frog brewery in Issaquah. There are better brews but I'm down for the good stuff. Not crappy Piss water.

Fave is a good ale heading to the hoppier IPAs. I'll also enjoy a good stout.

I still gotta try that beer, Scott.

I could bring you one Chris. I enjoyed one last night. It is very good!

Yeah, good luck finding it. It's only available 1 week out of the year. That's the first week in Feb.

I'll put it on my schedule. Lol. I hope my liquor store sells them.

I'd have to go to PA then. Lol.

I always feel bad buying the cheap stuff but sometimes I just want a plain "beer". Something like Dos Equis, Tecate, and sometimes Corona. It makes me feel like I'm on vacation. Leinenkugels Summer Shandy gets the best of me sometimes too.

I did used to like Newcastle on tap. The bottled stuff just always tastes strange or rotten to me.

The Wegmans supermarkets here actually have a really good craft beer section. You can even get growlers from the local places in the cooler. They carry quite a bit of West coast breweries. Firestone Walker, Lagunitas, Green Flash IPA on occasion.

I almost forgot: It's REAL BEER WEEK HERE! RIGHT NOW!

http://rochesterrealbeer.com/rochester-real-beer-week/

Last edited:
I had Dos Equis for the 1st time last summer. It's not bad. I like it much more than Corona which I am not a big fan of.

Back