Arm0ged0n's 2012 Honda Civic Sedan Thread

its all good man, totally understand. But i have a question for you, am just double checking on some info i just got. How was the ride quality on the sportlines? a guy at Tirerack just told me that the ride suffers drastically with them. just looking for your opinion on em...
Sup, I had no problem with the ride quality whatsoever,you can check my other thread with pictures and review regarding these springs. I loved them, the reason i went for coilovers is because I'm planning taking my car to the track.

This may have already been answered by you but i'm unsure.

Anyway, the wheels I am looking to get are the same specs as yours and i'm considering H&R Sport Springs or the Eibach Sportlines. Did you have any rubbing whatsoever (even with full car over speed bumps or at full lock turning) with the 17x8.25" +35 wheels/Eibach Sportlines setup?

Last edited:
This may have already been answered by you but i'm unsure.

Anyway, the wheels I am looking to get are the same specs as yours and i'm considering H&R Sport Springs or the Eibach Sportlines. Did you have any rubbing whatsoever (even with full car over speed bumps or at full lock turning) with the 17x8.25" +35 wheels/Eibach Sportlines setup?
In my opinion and hopefully anyone else can share some insight. Once you drop your car regardless of the suspension you will experience rubbing once you go over a speed bump at a fast rate, but if you slowly you will be fine. There is no rubbing at all at full lock turning. I had no problems at all when I had the Sportlines.

In my opinion and hopefully anyone else can share some insight. Once you drop your car regardless of the suspension you will experience rubbing once you go over a speed bump at a fast rate, but if you slowly you will be fine. There is no rubbing at all at full lock turning. I had no problems at all when I had the Sportlines.
I have experience with 1-2" lowered Hondas and thats not necessarily true though... my old del sol had H&R sport springs (1.8" drop) and 15" wheels with no rubbing whatsoever under any conditions. My question is more concerned with the 17x8.25 +35mm wheels and whether or not they cause problems when lowered on the Sportlines. So to confirm, it rubs over speed bumps? What's the fastest you can go over a speed bump without rubbing? Where do they rub and how badly? Sorry for all the questions I just want to know what I'm up against before I purchase.

I have experience with 1-2" lowered Hondas and thats not necessarily true though... my old del sol had H&R sport springs (1.8" drop) and 15" wheels with no rubbing whatsoever under any conditions. My question is more concerned with the 17x8.25 +35mm wheels and whether or not they cause problems when lowered on the Sportlines. So to confirm, it rubs over speed bumps? What's the fastest you can go over a speed bump without rubbing? Where do they rub and how badly? Sorry for all the questions I just want to know what I'm up against before I purchase.

In my personal experience, driving in the freeway, if my car went over an uneven pavement/bumps etc then I experienced a little rubbing. If you go over a speed bump at 5 to 10mph you won't experience rubbing. When it rub it wasn't a drastic event that you will be concerned about. However if you're really really concern about any rubbing, then you're better off doing coilovers and from there you can adjust the height preference to your liking.

I think I decided on getting some H&R OE Sport springs. I don't really want it lowered that much I just think it will look awkward at the stock height once I get some XXR 530's. I completely forgot about this as an option.

I think I decided on getting some H&R OE Sport springs. I don't really want it lowered that much I just think it will look awkward at the stock height once I get some XXR 530's. I completely forgot about this as an option.
Btw I loved my XXR's when I had them :) excellent choice. Good luck and keep us updated

Back