Automatic Car Washes?

Hmmm...it looks like a new one has opened a few miles from my house since I looked a few months ago!

Thanks webby!

Last edited:
I actually dont mind the car washes. Then again each wash is 7$ for basic :p They use microfiber for all their machines, made to lowered cars, and specific water etc. My car doesnt get scratched at all because with the black vinyl, you can see everything thats scratched even if its minor ask tsumaku on that -.- Of course I still prefer hand wash but with my busy schedule, I cant have it all.... :/

let's start a business
-what's it going to be
I don't know
-sign me up

:hijacked:

let's start a business
-what's it going to be
I don't know
-sign me up

I trust he does have a good idea, but we just haven't met to hammer out specifics. He is a Liberal Arts person that needs my business acumen.

Start a mobile detail business! I'd already have mine going if I could find a vehicle and had a place to park it. The parking spot is the tricky one.

It is honestly a joy for me to wash my own car by hand. IMO there is no other cost effective action that directly shows pride of ownership like washing your vehicle(s). It is a general reference to identify who genuinely cares about their vehicle's. With that being said, I don't like doing it in 20* weather in Oklahoma during the winter, but it needs to be done.

I just went to one last week cause I was being lazy and wanted done quickly. This easily became one of the worst decision ever lol because not only was it not clean, my rims got scratched up in the process.

I just went to one last week cause I was being lazy and wanted done quickly. This easily became one of the worst decision ever lol because not only was it not clean, my rims got scratched up in the process.

I have to use the automatic car washes in the winter just because of our climate here in Canada. I always make a point of using the touch less ones. They do an OK job and you don't have to worry about what dirt is left on the brushes from the previous vehicles.

If you have to use them, find the "touchless" ones. They just spray the car down and there is a lot less chance of damage or scratches. It's not the best but it'll do in a pinch. Especially in the winter.

The chemicals are generally very harsh to be able to strip the road grime, and the "sealants" and "protectants" they spray on are laughable at best. But for $7 to get the road salt off? It's a compromise that I can live with.

Even Rasky has his customers run through the touchless on occasion before he details them just to help cut down on massive amounts of dirt. Although he is usually going to polish out any defects anyway.

DONT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :banghead::barf:
IMO I wouldn't but I'm super anal and OCD. Anything that touches the paint poses a risk of swirls/spider webbing or scratches. Hand wash by only me and my pro detailer I've trusted over 5 years. I don't trust the dealership AT ALL and they hand wash, I get an oil change and I don't care if my car is dirty, it's leaving dirty too! I'am NO EXPERT but I try the best to take care of my paintIMG_0019.jpg

Bought September 2011 and very very few swirls if any at all. I live in Oregon so washing isn't too bad in the winter, I feel for you guys back east. Good Luck
And this is a shitty pic with an iPhone in a parking lot when it's technically not clean, as in not just washed, like a week after a wash I believe when I took this, It's November and Oregon so sun is limited right now, so it was sunny the other day so took a pic....I really feel for you guys with black, my last car was an 08TL-S NBP...never own black again, you're married to it!!!

So I took mine to an auto wash (I have no idea why I am so OCD usually) and when the sun hits it right the you can just see little scratches all over...suggestions on what I can do to reduce it, like maybe a full hand detail and wax?

So I took mine to an auto wash (I have no idea why I am so OCD usually) and when the sun hits it right the you can just see little scratches all over...suggestions on what I can do to reduce it, like maybe a full hand detail and wax?

A professional detailer with a buffer either random orbital or rotary if they are too bad? Not something I feel comfortable with myself, and besides this time of year that needs done in a heated shop, too cold out for polishers to work correctly in my non heated garage. Find yourself a reputable detailer that knows what they're doing or it could turn out worse than it is, either with holograms or buffer trails.

:(
A professional detailer with a buffer either random orbital or rotary if they are too bad? Not something I feel comfortable with myself, and besides this time of year that needs done in a heated shop, too cold out for polishers to work correctly in my non heated garage. Find yourself a reputable detailer that knows what they're doing or it could turn out worse than it is, either with holograms or buffer trails.

I know a reputable detailer in my area, he does all of the Tn Titans players cars, Chris Johnson etc. I will ask him and see what he wants to do...I just hate seeing the sctratches when the sun hits it just right

:(

I know a reputable detailer in my area, he does all of the Tn Titans players cars, Chris Johnson etc. I will ask him and see what he wants to do...I just hate seeing the sctratches when the sun hits it just right

Yeah that more than likely is micro marring or swirls/spider webbing. Most detailers can fix that. It really is an art form, to know just exactly how many microns of clear to buff to get it to look just right. Good luck ! :)

Yeah that more than likely is micro marring or swirls/spider webbing. Most detailers can fix that. It really is an art form, to know just exactly how many microns of clear to buff to get it to look just right. Good luck ! :)

Yes Spider webs would be aperfect word for what it looks like, and I hate it! Thanks man. :thumb:

Yes Spider webs would be aperfect word for what it looks like, and I hate it! Thanks man. :thumb:

Your welcome. Your detail guy will more than likely fix that with no problem. Stay away from the automated washes!!! I'm glad I'm nowhere they use salt on the roads in winter, I understand guys that use them to pick the lesser of 2 evils but I'm not faced with that type of climate. Thank God!

Back