awkward urinal?

JFURlTk.png

They didn't have doors on the toilets on the US Navy ship I was on, in the early to mid 60's. I think it freed my bashfulness.

They didn't have doors on the toilets on the US Navy ship I was on, in the early to mid 60's. I think it freed my bashfulness.

For some reason I always thought that you were in USMC during Vietnam war.:oops:

For some reason I always thought that you were in USMC during Vietnam war.:oops:
I was in Laos 67/68 606 Air Commandos((SOG) I was with the Air force rescue PJ's (job title in the AF was Life support tech.
As much as I like the U.S. Marines, each branch has highly trained combat troops.

In Okinawa, the urinals are giant troughs that many people stand at. Many are at angles to doorways so people walking by can see you plain as day. I had two teenage girls stop and stare at me while I was doing my business

I wish I had an actual image but this was back before everyone had a camera on them. I played hockey at a particularly disgusting arena. The mens room had clearly been converted and the toilets faced a mirror that you could view the entire concession area. No doors to enter & just shower curtains which were missing. There was evidence of missing doors on the way in. Also, the toilets had been bolted over the old floor drains for the shower heads that were still on the walls and the dividers were above the edge of the seat. Basically, no matter what everyone could see you and everything you were doing. This is the closest picture I can find but just imagine a toilet sitting in the middle of the stall and the gap at the bottom of the divider being above the seat height. WTF.....

plastic-shower-stalls-and-cubicles.jpg

Back