Best 9005 Halogen Brand Bulbs

0260N5Si

North America
Vehicle Model
SI
Body Style
2DR
Just looking for a nice pure white set of halogens. Something to match 5-6000k HIDs in the fogs and lows. IIs there anything out there with decent output and relaibilty? Something someone can recommend from experience?

I actually have the Philips 9005 Crystal Vision Ultra on my Amazon wish list. I'm thinking about getting it real soon. And it has a lot of great ratings especially some regarding the nice white output they produce.

I had been running a set of Nokya Arctic White 7000k. They were pretty decent. My wife has been running their yellow bulbs for about 2 years. One went bad so we ordered another set. Have an extra sitting around now. They looked ok for DRLs and the light output was good for high beams with mine.

I have since upgraded to LED DRL bulbs. They look great running around and its about the only way you can get that HID look without an actual HID bulb. However, you do lose high beam functionality. They have hardly any light output at all and will not illuminate the road. It's seriously just for looks. I have projectors and I noticed that the high beams weren't throwing anymore light so I haven't lost anything. Just something to be aware of.

If you want the maximum amount of light output and a whiter light, the Philips CrystalVisions are a good choice. They are rated around 4000K. They are about the closest match in a halogen you will find to a 4300K-5000K HID. The Nokya arctic white's are rated at 7000K but would probably be closer if you have a 6000-8000K kit. As mentioned, the Nokya bulbs will be less bright because they are more blue.

John

Just bought my nokya artic white 7000k bulbs for my drl's, high beams and foglights. I hear nokya are a really good brand.
6a3ubase.jpg

I had the same ones from Xenon Depot. They were great. I had the arctic white ones as well. Nice light output. They looked great in the reflector bowl when they were off. Gave the whole thing a blue appearance if you looked straight at them. I pulled the DRL fuse cause I liked the look so much. I have since switched to an LED setup but my wife still has the yellow ones. She runs them as DRLs. They've lasted her at least 2 years now. Great product. We had a single yellow one burn out, ordered a new set, and they've been going strong since. We also now have a spare sitting around if we need it.

@nat3d has my blue bulbs now. I don't know if he's going to run them or not or if they've been installed yet.

Thread here with pics:

http://9thcivic.com/forum/threads/drl-help.10434/#post-274456

v4o2eg.jpg

Surprisingly hard to photograph the blue color filling the bowl. You can see it pretty good in person.
rwidcz.jpg

I had the same ones from Xenon Depot. They were great. I had the arctic white ones as well. Nice light output. They looked great in the reflector bowl when they were off. Gave the whole thing a blue appearance if you looked straight at them. I pulled the DRL fuse cause I liked the look so much. I have since switched to an LED setup but my wife still has the yellow ones. She runs them as DRLs. They've lasted her at least 2 years now. Great product. We had a single yellow one burn out, ordered a new set, and they've been going strong since. We also now have a spare sitting around if we need it.

@nat3d has my blue bulbs now. I don't know if he's going to run them or not or if they've been installed yet.

Thread here with pics:

v4o2eg.jpg

Surprisingly hard to photograph the blue color filling the bowl. You can see it pretty good in person.
rwidcz.jpg

Thanks for the input. Any more pics installed? Whole headlight. I like how the blue reflects like that. And with then turned on also?

So the drl's are the 9005 bulbs?

Yeah, highbeam and DRL are the same bulb. DRLs are the 9005. When they are on they are just white. No blue.
Thanks @Nix I've went Arctic white with all 9006, 9005 and H8's for the fogs. Should look good. Better than oem at least. Would have went HID but I hear from some guys say you get engine light coming on. Don't want any headaches so I've went with these.

Reactions: Nix

Thread here with pics:

v4o2eg.jpg

rwidcz.jpg
i will be running them as soon as i have a day off that isnt raining lol

Thread here with pics:

v4o2eg.jpg

rwidcz.jpg

Thank you so much for taking the time to post up some feedback!

Steve

Reactions: Nix
I know I've said it in their feedback thread but:

@XenonDepot is hands down the best customer service I have experienced. When I was ordering my bulbs I had a slight delay and these guys were so on top of it. Turns out it was a manufacturers problem. Long story short, the delay was very long, I totally forgot about the order, and they still called me with updates. Way above and beyond. Seriously what other vendor has ever called you after a month just to make sure you knew they didn't forget about you? I completely forgot about the order. In any case, several orders later, yeah, still great guys, great company. They seem to only carry quality stuff too! (we've got several bulbs and floormats.)

so i installed the bulbs and i like them. they do look white when on as my drl's but when i click the high beams on lights everything up with a bluish hue.it will take a little getting used to because with the blue there is less actual usable light so its different but i like it.

Back