Best Intake SRI vs CAI...

BEST INTAKE

• Total voters
I went AEM personally... I live in AZ where hydrolocking isn't really a concern, I prefer dry filters to oiled, I don't plan to run a FlashPro so I wanted a 3" tube diameter and not 3.5" to minimize the likelihood of running in to the bogging issue I've read about with Injen intakes, and the AEM does not require battery or clutch cable relocation. I picked mine up new in box off eBay for like $230 shipped and the tubing color even matches PMM pretty well :dopey:

Why isn't Injen a choice for you?
I think they made a very good intake and I have it on my car
Im torn between that and K&N. But the car well also be used as a DD. And im scared of hydrolocking it up. What should I pick?

Im torn between that and K&N. But the car well also be used as a DD. And im scared of hydrolocking it up. What should I pick?
The injen intake filter doesn't sit too low, only a little lower than where the stock tube ends in the fender.

The injen intake filter doesn't sit too low, only a little lower than where the stock tube ends in the fender.
I'm sorry. I realized my auto correct screwed up my post.
My civic is my only car, so I use it all the time. Not a show car. But I do want to be able to get some wins in my street racing.
But I'm what some would call a "n00b". I don't know much about cars. I can change brakes and oil and do minor repair. I get a general idea. I guess what I should say is that I'm a "n00b" to modding cars and this rice business.

But that being said. What should I do with a intake? I can install it. Seems straight forward. But like I said. I have a fear of hydrolocking the motor.

I'm sorry. I realized my auto correct screwed up my post.
My civic is my only car, so I use it all the time. Not a show car. But I do want to be able to get some wins in my street racing.
But I'm what some would call a "n00b". I don't know much about cars. I can change brakes and oil and do minor repair. I get a general idea. I guess what I should say is that I'm a "n00b" to modding cars and this rice business.

But that being said. What should I do with a intake? I can install it. Seems straight forward. But like I said. I have a fear of hydrolocking the motor.
No worries, if you can change brakes and oil, you're not half bad.
In the end, it's personal preference.
If you're that worried about hydro locking, then go with another brand.

No worries, if you can change brakes and oil, you're not half bad.
In the end, it's personal preference.
If you're that worried about hydro locking, then go with another brand.
What sbout the k&n? The way it looks in pics it kinda makes Its own bay in the back with seals and all that sweet shiz. Better on preventing it?

My friends have show cars and the swear by Injen. So thats a possability. As long As i dont go swimming with the car that cover should be good.

Im just super sketched with it. After paying 29,000 for her i dont want to screw it up on a intake. You know?

Ive often pondered just getting a super awesome drops in filter for the stock. The way it looks Is that it Is already a cai. It looks to be pulling air from the fender well with a snorkel type thing on it.

Last edited:
What sbout the k&n? The way it looks in pics it kinda makes Its own bay in the back with seals and all that sweet shiz. Better on preventing it?

My friends have show cars and the swear by Injen. So thats a possability. As long As i dont go swimming with the car that cover should be good.

Im just super sketched with it. After paying 29,000 for her i dont want to screw it up on a intake. You know?

Ive often pondered just getting a super awesome drops in filter for the stock. The way it looks Is that it Is already a cai. It looks to be pulling air from the fender well with a snorkel type thing on it.
A lot of people go that route as well, the drop in filter and then remove the intake resonator

A lot of people go that route as well, the drop in filter and then remove the intake resonator
And sence Its pulling down there will all the tubing prevent the hydrolock? What about heat soaking? Or will the k&n drop in have it pulling quicker So less chance?

Sorry for the crap typing guys. Still getting used to this keyboard. Anything i type it remembers. And if i try to type Something similar to a word it corrects it for me. And add random capatal letters. Hahaha.

I really do apprciate youguys helping out the fng and being patient with me.

And sence Its pulling down there will all the tubing prevent the hydrolock? What about heat soaking? Or will the k&n drop in have it pulling quicker So less chance?

Sorry for the crap typing guys. Still getting used to this keyboard. Anything i type it remembers. And if i try to type Something similar to a word it corrects it for me. And add random capatal letters. Hahaha.

I really do apprciate youguys helping out the fng and being patient with me.
No worries, definitely no hydrolock with the stock intake or with the Injen/other after markets.
To get to the point where it could suck up water, you'd have to have water almost up to the windows, and by then it doesn't matter which intake you have and you'll probably have bigger problems anyways

No worries, definitely no hydrolock with the stock intake or with the Injen/other after markets.
To get to the point where it could suck up water, you'd have to have water almost up to the windows, and by then it doesn't matter which intake you have and you'll probably have bigger problems anyways
Thsnks Man! Ill probably invest in the k&n drop in and take out the res untill i get out of the hole im in.

When I get the coinage What intake should i go for? I heard Some require relocating of the battery and/Or splicing wires. Which i Could do both. I Would like to avoid the splicing though.

Thsnks Man! Ill probably invest in the k&n drop in and take out the res untill i get out of the hole im in.

When I get the coinage What intake should i go for? I heard Some require relocating of the battery and/Or splicing wires. Which i Could do both. I Would like to avoid the splicing though.
Most don't require other modifications.
Check out the Intakes link in my signature for details on everything available

I've read some posts about Injen intakes having lagging issues? That's concerning. Also I've noticed you guys seem to like Takeda a lot. CAI would be my personal preference but I do ultimately want to make the right decision. Is there anything specific you guys like about Takeda? Performance, sound, build quality??? Just looking for some input from you guys.

Back