Bikes!!!! (MTB, Road, etc... just no motors)

Picked this 24inch marin up last night to replace my son's 20 inch bike. Quickly removed all reflectors and had to cut the seat post to get it lower. He's a bit short for his age.
PXL_20230628_004115838.jpg

Brought my bike to the shop to get its first free tube up, also asked to convert to tubeless tires ( just needed the valves and sealant) and to try and adjust the dropper post so it doesn't go as high because I'm short.

Might have to get a shorter dropper.

A big issue along with me being lazy that has stopped me from riding over the last couple months is getting sprayed in the face with dirt and mud. I was about to buy a $25 mud guard for the front when I came across a diy. Cost me one plastic folder and printed out a template. Extended the template for the rear. Added some stickers to the front guard.

also ordered some riding shorts, pants and padded underwear.

I biked up the road yesterday for the first time in about 3 months. Took me three breaks to make it.
1000004875.png
In the summer I could do this in 30 minutes.no breaks.
1000004880.png

1000004891.jpg

What are the purple trails? I've only seen green, blue, black.

Does the rear fender thing actually do something? You would think all the crap from the tires would have flung off already.

What are the purple trails? I've only seen green, blue, black.

Does the rear fender thing actually do something? You would think all the crap from the tires would have flung off already.
purple are access roads up the mountain, not trails.

i havent tired it out yet, i havent really ridden in the mud yet at all with or without because i got lazy but im trying to fix that.

Been working on my stamina for the past couple months. I did this today with one short stop at the highway to cross. Could have kept going. I'm about where I was in the summer now. Goal is to get rid of my gut by the end of summer. Going to bike a lot more and use the taco to go higher so I don't have to bike from home, have more time on the trails.
1000005585.png

Just realized how much the short videos cut off the video. Original shows me landing the jump. Boo.

I guess 'shorts' are a thing these days? I never watch shorts. Just full videos in my feed/subscription.

I guess 'shorts' are a thing these days? I never watch shorts. Just full videos in my feed/subscription.
I think YouTube automatically makes any video below a certain time a short now. Until I stop being cheap and buy a gopro I can't do much else. Becoming an Influencer is hard man.

Also I think the attention span of most people these days seems to be very short. It's the swipe generation.

Yea I’d point it a little more up, but that was still cool. I’m surprised to see it so green. I would have assumed you’d still have snow or be in mud season. That river crossing was beautiful.

Do you know what settings were used for those vids?

Yea I’d point it a little more up, but that was still cool. I’m surprised to see it so green. I would have assumed you’d still have snow or be in mud season. That river crossing was beautiful.

Do you know what settings were used for those vids?
Its green year round here. Snow doesn't stick around at this altitude for very long. Some trails get muddy in the winter which is why I started riding this one. I love the jumps because they arent super big so I can practice. Most of the jumps in the video I landed on my back tire. The end of the first one ( which is out of order because the second one is me climbing to the top) you can see me looking down. Felt weird. Thought I had a flat tire. When I got home the rear tire was flat.

I was using 4k 60fps wide low light off.
Think I'll try 1080p next time. Not sure if I should go more fps or less. A lot of the video makes it look like I'm going slower than I was.

A lot of the video makes it look like I'm going slower than I was.
I find that this is a common thing with gopros for some reason. The lower the camera is to the ground the faster it'll appear. I've noticed that videos on my helmet look the slowest (like if I'm snowboarding or something). If I put the gopro on a pole or (strap the gopro to my leg or something) the video appears much quicker. Some of the kits on amazon/ebay have mounts you can hook to your chest or other areas. If you don't have any, you might want to consider trying them to get different views to test. Something like this middle chest mount. There is also one you can attach to your bike handlebars or frame towards the bottom left. This listing just came up, but there may be others you could just get the parts you want to try

81czk+cgErL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Amazon product
View: https://www.amazon.com/Black-Common-Outdoor-Session5-DBPOWER/dp/B00PLBXUMS/

I find that this is a common thing with gopros for some reason. The lower the camera is to the ground the faster it'll appear. I've noticed that videos on my helmet look the slowest (like if I'm snowboarding or something). If I put the gopro on a pole or (strap the gopro to my leg or something) the video appears much quicker. Some of the kits on amazon/ebay have mounts you can hook to your chest or other areas. If you don't have any, you might want to consider trying them to get different views to test. Something like this middle chest mount. There is also one you can attach to your bike handlebars or frame towards the bottom left. This listing just came up, but there may be others you could just get the parts you want to try

81czk+cgErL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Amazon product
View: https://www.amazon.com/Black-Common-Outdoor-Session5-DBPOWER/dp/B00PLBXUMS/

I have a chest mount that I got with it. I'll try that out next time. I also looked up some settings and made some changes. I just discovered superview.

The quality of the video wasn't very good once I got going faster I noticed.

Back