body kits

it's a style choice... that's going to be a personal choice. Some like the look of the body kit, and have it with their car lowered. If you look at any of the civics with the full HFP kit, they're lowered about an inch on hfp coilovers, and then the hfp body kit.
Webby, correct me if I'm wrong but I believe the HFP kit uses lowering springs not coilovers if you buy the car with the full HFP kit from the factory.

well, different struts/shocks/springs
OK well correct me again (sorry I'm not tryin to pick on you cuz you definitely know your stuff.:hail:) but I thought the only suspension change for HFP was different springs that lower the car slightly over stock.
Look at me goin up against webby :hiding:

sisuspension.jpg

Your Price: $835.00
Retail Price: $948.00
Si Suspension Kit

this is the hfp suspension kit ^^^
http://www.collegehillshonda.com/ho...12-honda-civic-coupe-exterior-accessories.htm

the shocks are not the same as the oem shocks though. Or?

I'm unsure...were you under the impression the shocks were the same as well, or?

People compared part #s on the 8th and they were not the same. Redshift has had the hfp's at their shop. No clue if he knows how much difference there is from the oem.

Someone tell this guy to do some research. Look how many threads he has opened up in the past few days asking questions that have been answered already. Come on guy.

8thgen hfp dampers are firmer than stock, in addition to the firmer springs.

if you put significantly stronger springs on without increasing the damping rate you can end up with a bouncy ride. The hfp kit lowers the car slightly, increases the spring rate and increases the damper rate. Springs naturally want to bounce, the shocks/struts resist that movement.

Back