bootyluvr's 2015 WRX Limited

Status
Not open for further replies.
Set of 4: $774.20
Price After Mail-In
Rebate: $704.20

Damn. They are on-sale now with a rebate...

PSS's dominate in every category (per TireRack). Less noise, better ride quality and better treadwear than my DW tires.

6uPi8w4.jpg

Yup. Jrotax said the PSS has 90% of the grip of the extreme tires, z2 star spec/re-11/re-71r/rs-3, but it can be DD'ed and does much better in the rain. Take those numbers with a bit of skepticism. They are for the category of the tire not in comparison to the other tires as far as I know. So...

The PSS is in a step down from the other tires on that chart so the 9.6 Dry Traction rating is not a direct comparison to the 9.5 of the RE-11 or the 9.7 of the 71R. However, the PSS is a damn good tire. Everyone who drives it says so. 2lbs is not that much. I think tire weights are estimates at best. The sidewalls are also going to be much stiffer. The performance outweighs the weight by a lot.

I think tire weights are estimates at best. The sidewalls are also going to be much stiffer. The performance outweighs the weight by a lot.

Yeah the stiffer sidewalls would be nice. The DW's are definitely not stiff..

Thanks. :rolleyes:

I enjoy my WRX Limited... Thank you very much! :)

Definitely do!

Traded in my '07 WRX back in 2014 with 125,000 miles for $12k. :thumbsup:

:thumbsup:

Also depends on the area you live.

Haha I bought a base 15 STI and a Base 16 WRX just because I didn't want to pay an extra $5-7k for leather seats and a sun/moon roof--my own opinion tho!

And Subies do hold their value very well. Trade in on our Foz is like $2k more than what the lease end buyout is. Their interiors are getting better and just for shits and giggles I got a trade in appraisal on the WRX and giving me exactly what I owe after 9 months which is pretty good. Have you checked 9th gen prices lately? In my local auto trader and craigslist searches very used ones are selling for close to what they sold for new. I can't wait for the 10th gen to be released so prices go down and I can pick another one up.

I run Hankook RS-3s on my Chump Car and for my track/autox wheels. I absolutely love them, especially compared to the stock Dunlops on the Subarus and the Direzzas I was running before with my 9th Gen. Hell we've gotten almost 40 hours of chump car time on one set so far. They hold up very very well in the heat down here. Even after 7-8 hours in the dead heat of the afternoon on Sebring they don't get greasy and lose traction. Even autoxing they kick ***.

Haha I bought a base 15 STI and a Base 16 WRX just because I didn't want to pay an extra $5-7k for leather seats and a sun/moon roof--my own opinion tho!

I'd rather have cloth seats (I've had leather now for 9 years / 2007 WRX and now 2015 WRX) and I rarely use the sunroof but I do like the push button start/keyless entry which is only available on the Limited models.. Wish they would offer it on Premium models (I know you still get the sunroof but I'm sure it would sell).

I know it's your own opinion and respect that. Leather/Sunroof isn't for everyone. I know some people that don't want it because of the extra weight..

I opted for a Base GSR when I bought my Evo X. Cloth Recaros and an Aluminum Roof. It's all cool for weight savings and what not, but having to worry about hail or automated dryers at the car wash is nerve-racking.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

I opted for a Base GSR when I bought my Evo X. Cloth Recaros and an Aluminum Roof. It's all cool for weight savings and what not, but having to worry about hail or automated dryers at the car wash is nerve-racking.

Never knew the aluminum roof was an option.. Interesting.

I honestly just don't want leather/sunroof because of the heat here in Florida. I drove around with leather(pleather) seats and t-tops with trans ams for years and hated burning my legs and sticky *** syndrome. In retrospect I should have gone with the Premium to get the inverted struts and much better looking 18 inch wheels. A buddy just purchased a Lapis Blue Pearl WRX Premium and it looks so much better with the new 18s and proper fog lights lol.

I honestly just don't want leather/sunroof because of the heat here in Florida. I drove around with leather(pleather) seats and t-tops with trans ams for years and hated burning my legs and sticky *** syndrome. In retrospect I should have gone with the Premium to get the inverted struts and much better looking 18 inch wheels. A buddy just purchased a Lapis Blue Pearl WRX Premium and it looks so much better with the new 18s and proper fog lights lol.
Yeah nice little upgrade they did with the '16s. We got the shitty wheels in '15 :-(

I love my PSS. :love:

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

I suppose I will quickly find out how quickly my 200 tread wear star specs wear from daily driving.

I mean the RE-71 is fantastic, as is the Z2 star spec direzza but, if you need a bit more life out of a tire then get the PSS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back