Buddy Club Quick Shift Kit

Good point on the thread locker, my tool of choice is locktite blue - just in case you want to take it apart again! I am looking forward to hearing some comments back on this shifter, getting ready to pull the trigger on one.

Good point on the thread locker, my tool of choice is locktite blue - just in case you want to take it apart again! I am looking forward to hearing some comments back on this shifter, getting ready to pull the trigger on one.

Thats what I used on mine about a month ago when it came loose the first time after the initial install and have not felt the column wiggle since. :)

No loctite used on mine, haven't had a problem. However I am not using the stock bolts (bushings came with SS Allen head bolts), so your results may vary given the variable here.

I may not have torqued them down tight enough the first time because I was scared of hurting the plastic between the bushings. It took quite a while (probably 4-6 months) before the column got loose enough for me to tell while shifting though as it was so gradual but one day I just felt like there was too much slack in the shifter, and I took the top plastic piece off and realized that the 2 rear bolts had backed off like 1/4 of an inch. I took the column back out (had to trim more because my cable was rubbing on the column) and re-installed with thread lock and it has worked perfect since. I cant wait until some people get this and post how well it works. I really want the reduced height this seems to give and additional reduction in throw.

I just installed the shifter yesterday. Im very happy with it. IMO it is easier to install than replacing just the shift lever like twm or bps. If if anyone is on the fence about getting it, just do it.

Thanks for the feedback and recommendation. Would it also benefit from base bushings? I am going to order mine tomorrow!

Can you take some pics? with the unit being 1" taller I want to see how well it fits under the shift boot. Thanks!!

Your welcome! It would benefit from base bushing since the shifter assembly is nearly exactly the same as the stock piece minus the color and shift lever being different

It looks perfect, did you swap out the base bushings too? How do the shifts feel?

It looks perfect, did you swap out the base bushings too? How do the shifts feel?
I did swap out the base bushings. The shifts feel great. Short and smooth. Im very satisfied. I've had at least 6 different cars with short throw shifters and this combo might be my favorite out of them all. I dont know how some people bash or dont like these cars (9th gen si's). With a few simple mods these cars are so nice to drive.

I did swap out the base bushings. The shifts feel great. Short and smooth. Im very satisfied. I've had at least 6 different cars with short throw shifters and this combo might be my favorite out of them all. I dont know how some people bash or dont like these cars (9th gen si's). With a few simple mods these cars are so nice to drive.
The only people that don't like them are the ones that don't own them

if you went to eibach earlier today.... buddy club was there selling them for $120!!!! i was gonna get but there wasn't enough reviews to get me convinced that i wanted it. (i already have a short shifter that's why).

if you went to eibach earlier today.... buddy club was there selling them for $120!!!! i was gonna get but there wasn't enough reviews to get me convinced that i wanted it. (i already have a short shifter that's why).
wtf where were they? i would have threw them my money

Back