Buddy Club Quick Shift Kit

do you guys think those hybrid racing bushing s are needed for the short shifter or just a nice add on?

do you guys think those hybrid racing bushing s are needed for the short shifter or just a nice add on?

It's not necessary but after installing the buddy club, I still wasn't satisfied with my shifter performance. Ordered hybrid racing cable bushings and some base bushings and things tightened up quite a bit.

I just installed mine this last weekend with the Hybrid Racing base bushings. I loveit. I've got to install my rick spec'd intake and I'll install the HR shifter cable bushings then.

Any updates regarding the BCSS + CT adapter combo? Looking for a short shifter and was thinking of doing both. Curious if I need to upgrade shifter cables in addition cable bushings or if it's a one shifter or the other scenario

For anyone having shifting issues, I started a thread on one of the other forums, that I thought I would share with you.

So I have been really trying to clean up some sloppiness in my shifter feel. My shifts felt inconsistent, sloppy, and notchy. I installed a Buddy Club SS as my fist mod on the car, almost a year ago. Since then I have done MTEC springs, TWM base bushings, Hybrid Racing cable bushings, and a Hybrid Racing EM1 CMC. I have tried a few different fluids for the tranny as well (right now I am running a Torco MTF/RTF mix). Still frustrated with what I would call a "dead zone" in the shifter. I could wiggle the shift knob and there was a significant amount of slop in the short shifter its self. Well curiosity got the best of me and I decided to tear it apart to look into it. I kept my stock shifter (I have kept every stock part I have removed, glad I did), and upon looking at that, I noticed that there is no play in the shifter its self, it is very solid. Here is a video I took of the wiggle I am talking about with the BC SS:

View: https://youtu.be/SRbCKHzgGKE

This is certainly not normal. There is a lock ring on the top of the cage so you can remove the lever, and that was locked. On the bottom of the assembly, I could see that the plastic that supports the bottom of the pivot ball was broken. I have no idea how long it has been like this, but I have been chasing dragons forever trying to get rid of this. The car only has 11,000 miles so I figured it wasn't cables. I installed the stock shifter and what a WORLD of difference! Absolutely zero play, very precise and predictable shifting, and each gear feels the same. I am not sure if I should contact BC on this issue.
2s6n702.jpg

You can see me effortlessly wiggling the lever back and fourth. Beyond the dead zone, you can feel the MTEC springs start to kick in. Once I took the interior panels off the damage was obvious. Here you can see the pivot ball of the shift lever, and how much play it has inside the cage:

View: https://youtu.be/bs8ExTYhg5g

A little update on the BCSS and CT combo. As long as you trim the clip holder like you would for the stock shifter + ct adapter, it will work and be an even shorter throw. Only had it on since this afternoon but feels really nice. If I had to guess, it's about 50% shorter throw from stock.

Here's a pic of the BCSS after trimming the plastic clip holder.
20160613_135733.jpg 20160613_135743.jpg

Back