Buddy Club Quick Shift Kit

You can try adding an adapter to the Buddyclub shifter to see how well the shifter cable sits.

And to add, a few 8thgen owners with the Buddyclub short shifter assemblies have broken their shifter shafts. The reason probably is because the shafts are made of cast aluminum compared to stock which is a steel material so the yield strength is much lower.

View attachment 25608
Jeez I never considered the shifter shaft as a possible weak link! That's discouraging.

Did you happen to experiment with it yet?
No. I'm hesitant to do it since I'm using aluminum cable bushings. It may put too much strain on the mechanism. I have looked over the situation and I think the adapter will fit with the buddy club. It would make for really nice, short throws.

No. I'm hesitant to do it since I'm using aluminum cable bushings. It may put too much strain on the mechanism. I have looked over the situation and I think the adapter will fit with the buddy club. It would make for really nice, short throws.

I think I'm going to give it a whirl. I don't have any plans for bushings.

Well I'm real curious to see how you like the mod. I may go back to stock bushings too, if the even shorter throws you get work out well. Did you leave aluminum base bushings or go back to stock there too?

Well I'm real curious to see how you like the mod. I may go back to stock bushings too, if the even shorter throws you get work out well. Did you leave aluminum base bushings or go back to stock there too?

I'll be sure to keep you posted. I put the stock base bushings back in too. Was it you who I sold the Hybrid Racing bushings to? If so, my base bushings were with them.

I'll be sure to keep you posted. I put the stock base bushings back in too. Was it you who I sold the Hybrid Racing bushings to? If so, my base bushings were with them.
Yup, me! I think I'd trade shorter throws for notchy throws, so keep us posted!

Yup, me! I think I'd trade shorter throws for notchy throws, so keep us posted!

Ditto. Assuming it works, it will be interesting to see how the even shorter throws feel with an extension. I meant to ask... I saw a previous post about you having an eBay short shift converter, is it the VMS (Vision Motorsports) one? I was going to buy the CT-e converter but not for $60 lol.

Ditto. Assuming it works, it will be interesting to see how the even shorter throws feel with an extension. I meant to ask... I saw a previous post about you having an eBay short shift converter, is it the VMS (Vision Motorsports) one? I was going to buy the CT-e converter but not for $60 lol.
I bought a generic one that was advertized for the '07-'11 civic, was about $17.00. This is it, installed. Still have the old cage with it installed.
OEM Cage Short Shift Adapter.jpg

what felt funky? i'm thinking about removing mine, sometimes it feels like the car wants to jump out of gear with just a little pressure on the shifter

Bent cables the first time, I lost all odd numbered gears. The second time I bent the left to right motion cable very slightly, my shift lever wouldn't spring back from the left.

Back