Buddy Club Quick Shift Kit

What?! A foot of snow and 8 degrees is off-putting? We were WAITING for this! :rotfl:JK. It's bad here too.

What?! A foot of snow and 8 degrees is off-putting? We were WAITING for this! :rotfl:JK. It's bad here too.

Lol, I'm going to see what the weather is like on my two days off next week and I may get to it. Trust me though, I started taking panels off yesterday in order to get to the assembly. The wind chill is what kills :snow:

I was debating whether to get this shifter or not but I've read that the BC shifter for the 8th gen had some problems with the cage breaking. Looks like the same plastic material that was used for the 8th gens is also used for the 9th gen. Can anyone that have this give an update review in regards to how it's holding up, how long they've had it, etc... Thanks.

I've had it since summer. It's the same material as stock cage. It's fine. I had heard that the shifter, not the cage, broke on 8th gen BC. It was made of an alloy. The 9th gen is made from some kind of steel. I don't know, I shift fast, but I'm not as strong as a gorilla, so mine won't be breaking anytime soon.

I've had it since summer. It's the same material as stock cage. It's fine. I had heard that the shifter, not the cage, broke on 8th gen BC. It was made of an alloy. The 9th gen is made from some kind of steel. I don't know, I shift fast, but I'm not as strong as a gorilla, so mine won't be breaking anytime soon.
The picture i've seen is definitely the cage that was broken. The pivot point was snapped on an 8th but then again 8th and 9th are different designs. Just wanting to see if any 9th owner had problems with the BC.

The picture i've seen is definitely the cage that was broken. The pivot point was snapped on an 8th but then again 8th and 9th are different designs. Just wanting to see if any 9th owner had problems with the BC.
I'd be interested to see that pic if you can get it, maybe post it here?

I'd be interested to see that pic if you can get it, maybe post it here?

My apologies. I read the thread again from the 8th civic and I am mistaken. It was not the plastic that snapped but the metal that did. I guess Buddy Club realized this so the metal shaft that is used for the 9th gens are now forged steel.

My apologies. I read the thread again from the 8th civic and I am mistaken. It was not the plastic that snapped but the metal that did. I guess Buddy Club realized this so the metal shaft that is used for the 9th gens are now forged steel.
Oh, okay. That's good to know that it was just the shifter, which they've addressed. :thumb:

@FB2Chris :

We're waiting anxiously for your BuddyClub Short shifter + short shift adapter experiment. You still gonna do this?

Haven't been on here a while but I did managed to get the Buddy Club Short Shifter last month. It certainly makes the shifts shorter and possibly the best mod for under $125. The installation was straight forward and you'd probably spend more time taking off the center console than installing the shifter.

I also changed transmission fluids after this and damn!, no complaints on this smooth shifting 6 speed. I used Red Line MTF. I tried Amsoil back to back with the Red Line and Redline seemed smoother.

bump is it possible that the buddy club alone no solid bushings or anything could stretch the cables? I recently took my buddy club shifter out and feels like there is play in third gear and almost feels like it kicks back a tad when going into gear my car has 1700 miles on it had shifter maybe 200miles before took it out today and never felt that way before in third gear.

bump is it possible that the buddy club alone no solid bushings or anything could stretch the cables? I recently took my buddy club shifter out and feels like there is play in third gear and almost feels like it kicks back a tad when going into gear my car has 1700 miles on it had shifter maybe 200miles before took it out today and never felt that way before in third gear.

I doubt it as the cables are not really put in a lot of stress to stretch them out. Yes, they get pulled and tugged but not enough to stretch braided wire. They use braided wire in winches and towing for a reason.

Back