Bugs!

Enigma346

Virginia Beach, VA
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Coupe
Ok so I drive to North Carolina every other week to pick my daughter up. Problem with Carolina is the bugs...They're everywhere. Especially when I go to where I need to go. I don't have this problem in Virginia :) . Moving on now......What bug remover is the best? I am tired of having to scrub a lot more on this one spot and try and get it off. Plus I don't like hard scrubbing the car. Can anyone suggest anything to get these bugs gone!

Turtle wax Bug & Tar remover should do the trick

Once you get your car washed/clean it'd be ideal to use a sealant/wax. Future cleaning should be easier as well. Bugs shouldn't stick as bad and should wash off easier. Just stay away from harsh soaps that strip wax when cleaning.

Being one that doesn't like to hard wash bugs, I find that lying/holding a big(WET) towel on the bugged area to soak is the 1st step.

Safe scrub bug&tar sponge. You have to soak it for a few minutes first but just use regular car wash soap and this thing. Don't scrub with it, just pass it gently and it won't scratch your paint. Works better than expected and exactly as described if you soak it first. You should definitely wet the area with a cleaner or Monks suggestion of a wet towel to loosen the bugs first.

http://www.autogeek.net/pinsafscrub.html

@Nix Thank you for that link. I read the page and all and am going to buy. My question to you now is how often do you need to replace the sponge? I only really get bugs on the car every other week. Other then that it is just this annoying pollen. Taffeta White turns tan/yellow :( Keeping it washed because I can't stand it.

@Monk @webby @Michal006 ::: Thank you all for your tips.

Ah, mine has lasted a couple years at this point. Just rinse it out really good when you're done and let it air dry. Wash all the little bug corpses out of it. You'll know when to replace it when its all old and raggedy looking.

I feel you on the white car/dust pollen.

Monk and nix are also right on the rinse. I recall @RaskyR1 saying he would take a warm wet towel and he'd just drape it on the bug areas to soften them up before doing any removal.

Back