DIY Bumper Screen to Protect AC Condenser

Oh that.... no that wasn't me, that was 323.
I put the smallest zip ties you can get (black) and they are unnoticeable even unpainted when on the dyno blue paint.

images backed up - great job on the DIY :thumb: thank you

Q4Q28ap.jpg

there we go Pauly99to17 and MrsJrotax101
sorry it took so long to get a pic. i think you can barely see the ties now.
only if it said K24 instead of R24. youd have it made

Now that it has been a few months, could we get a few "sunny day" pics to see how the screen is holding up? I did this with my Dakota a few years back using the same gutter type stuff and within 2 months of driving through the elements, they were all rusted up and bent. Went basically about the same way for the install too. Nice DIY. Been thinking about trying this again, just afraid of the rusting.

Now that it has been a few months, could we get a few "sunny day" pics to see how the screen is holding up? I did this with my Dakota a few years back using the same gutter type stuff and within 2 months of driving through the elements, they were all rusted up and bent. Went basically about the same way for the install too. Nice DIY. Been thinking about trying this again, just afraid of the rusting.
I'll post a pic when it's sunny (raining right now) mine has been on for about 5 months through the winter and it's still shiny

Mine is plastic and is still 100%. Note to self, do not go in automated car wash with this..... I have always hand washed, but went to a car wash once and the high pressure front spray pushed one side in and I had to pull it back out. (My sides were just tucked in and not attached because there was no where to zip tie to).

Last edited:
I was able to find the 'mesh' that Pauly used at Lowe's (for those interested), Home Depot had a terrible selection. I'm just gonna use this stuff for now until I have a good reason to remove my bumper, in which I'll then replace this mesh with better stuff.

Looks great to me. What do you think could be done better? I'll guess tucking the sides in? (?)

My bumper will be coming off shortly so I will have be looking for a way to attach the sides better.

Back