DIY Bumper Screen to Protect AC Condenser

Thanks Pauly for the great DIY, I have a 2012 coupe and from what ive seen the bumper will have to come off :|

Thanks Pauly for the great DIY, I have a 2012 coupe and from what ive seen the bumper will have to come off :|
Ya, taking it off is not as big a deal as I thought. It's always a little stressful when we're doing something for the first time.

I'm just afraid of breaking something.
I was afraid of breaking plastics, but after watching the video(and really liking the idea of installing the screen), I said to myself, "Self", let's do this.
One thing I'd add to the removal part, and that is to put a small mark(magic-marker) at each location of the pop-out buttons, "as" you remove them......
Why, because there's a lot of holes underneath that these buttons don't go in, which makes it easier to plug back in when you're done.

So here's my installed screen.

2sakxgj.jpg

n4awdd.jpg

2hxwxl2.jpg

smy23a.jpg

Hey Paul! Great DIY, I did this myself with aluminum gutter guard, and I put it behind the grill too, just for looks.
Cug4f.jpeg

I painted the zip-ties with touch up paint after taking this pic, now you can't even see them.
How did you attach the screen behind the grill?

How did you attach the screen behind the grill?
I believe it is zip tied, but I'm not sure about the sides. I just tucked the screen between the blue pastic (see photo above) and the black plastic covering the metal bumper. It's not ideal, but does the job. One side came out when I went in a power spray car wash, but I just slipped it back into place.

Last edited:
Back