CAI vs SRI

that's definitely another thing to think about jonny, the fact that K&N's been around forever, it's a good thing to look at, but design is design, and they are basically the same, though one is open one is closed, so I assume the K&N will be louder, i'm thinking i'd take the K&N too if it were me
I asked casualvic
Excellent tips caualvic, thanks!
Can you tell me if the air box (heat sheild) gets sealed off much at the top against the hood forcing air to be drawn from the fresh air tube? I'm sure it's better to draw cooler air from somewhere away from the hot engine bay.:flame:

yes, the heat shield rubber is pressed against the carpet piece inside hood

I wouldn't say the K&N is necessarily open.

I asked casualvic

I wouldn't say the K&N is necessarily open.

it's open in relation to the takeda momentum, with the top of the box being technically "open" though pressed against the hood, which based on the location and the "psuedo-open" top pressed only against the hood carpet, it should definitely let more sound out than the takeda's fully enclosed architecture

also i'm wondering if it might let some air in coming over the cowl, even a little bit is better than none

Thanks Guys!!! One other thing that kina bottles me is while k&n is claiming to get the 10.59 on Dyno.. the Takeda is claiming almost to 20...Now that's a huge diff. I just don't it believe this 100% but even to make up that high of a gain shouldn't they be getting 14-16? I may stay with the k&n..But then their is that other voice saying ?mmmm. Takeda may be better...LOL. I wish their were more stats on both of these intakes..

Ha!!!! Guess ima get the k&n. Wife came up and said it has been ordered. Ohwell... I hope this intake performs well.
Id like to hit the throttle and not sit there for a lil bit..I wanna hit it and go...Thank a lot guys and if anyone gets that takeda post some stats on it...Never to late to sell..lol

i didnt get a hydroshield though i hopre everything will be ok! injen cai sounds beast in that video someone posted, hope it sounds the same, if not better, in person

I am thinking that I will leave my intake off. purchase an exhaust system, wait for hondata and jaskon"s S/C. Then put it all in @ once.. WE shall see how patient I can hold off!!ENJOY YOUR INJEN!!!

I am thinking that I will leave my intake off. purchase an exhaust system, wait for hondata and jaskon"s S/C. Then put it all in @ once.. WE shall see how patient I can hold off!!ENJOY YOUR INJEN!!!
Are you going to use the Hondata gasket when you install the intake icky? It's supposed to add some insulation to the intake and help keep the heat from transferring from the head. I think that's a brilliant idea! You might as well if your going to have the intake off anyway.

The intake manifold thermal gasket keeps the engine run a little cooler by creating insulation between the intake manifold and the head thus increasing the engine's hp. Same goes to the throttle body thermal gasket.

Going with the K&N love the sound more than the injen yeah shouldn't gain as much as the injen but safer and sound better that a Win,win,lose better that lose,lose,win for me ( Sound, safer, gain 25% max extra)

Yes Sir i will put the gasket on.. also thinking about a mishimoto oil cooler.Man im still torn with that Takeda!! I like the fact that it uses fact.intake so no water Will be pulled in and not as much Texas Heat FROM INSIDE THE HOOD as the k&n willl!!!.. I believe i will be happy with the k&n as well... just hope it doesnt pull in to hot of Air....here in Houston it can get brutal!!!! just hoping it will pull enough air from the stock intake too keep the temp.low. OH now this kinda just crossed my mind not sure if it is a good idea or not... here it goes.. now what do you think after pulling res. off placing some kinda turbonator .. or some sort of fan deal to help the circulation of air being pulled in from down there.??? BAD IDEA?? GOOD IDEA???? I HAVE NO FREAKIN CLUE..IT JUST POPPED TO MY HEAD SO THOUGHT ID ASK YOU GUYS!!!!

and yes I know it will not make a gain.. just thinking it may circulate air a lil better...HMM maybe dumb Idea...

Are you going to use the Hondata gasket when you install the intake icky? It's supposed to add some insulation to the intake and help keep the heat from transferring from the head. I think that's a brilliant idea! You might as well if your going to have the intake off anyway.
and then Dar-Dar posts:
The intake manifold thermal gasket keeps the engine run a little cooler by creating insulation between the intake manifold and the head thus increasing the engine's hp. Same goes to the throttle body thermal gasket.
All I can say is :hijacked:

Your lucky I like your avatar Dar-Dar :box:

photo.jpg

photo1.jpg

Back