cell Phone w/my HFP

Monk

SW Virginia
Vehicle Model
2012 Civic EX
Body Style
Coupe FG3:ASM
Need some peeps that know how to fix my setting?/problem? ......... I can call by voice in the car using hands free...... but incoming calls won't let me answer without answering a Y/N question to allow HF........
So I only see that question at the time of me answering my HF System........ I can't find anything on the car or in the manual that allows me to set HF.
I have found one where it says I can set my calls going out to automatically switch to HF........... Also after hitting the yes on the question while I was answering, you'd thik that once would be enough for it to stay there until changed ?
That covers what I know .............. Any help would be nice...Thanks

I've never tried hands free to know, but I'm only seeing like 2 things...

when bluetooth audio is playing - makes it sound like you just have to hit the phone icon on your wheel...
hfl1.png

///////////////
//////////////

the only other thing I'm seeing is this for receiving calls over hands free - giving the option to answer the call, or ignore the call on the wheel?
///////

hfl2.png

Last edited:
webby ...... I've tried all that ........ Need a permanent setting from somewhere for in coming call ......

I guess I don't fully follow. You want it to auto answer without asking you to answer/ignore the call?

I guess I don't fully follow. You want it to auto answer without asking you to answer/ignore the call?

I use mine all the time and in order to answer a call I use the control on the steering wheel. If I don't hit the button, it won't automatically answer.

If it didn't ask if you wanted to ignore, you could have potential telemarketers or whatever interrupting.

If its not working as expected, the only other thing I could suggest would be to delete the paired phone from your system and set it up again. Maybe something got messed up during the setup.

I do push the answer for a in coming call , but it just switches it to the phone..... It will also ask if I want to switch to HFL , but it should just do answer after I push the answer button... not switch me to phone and then ask me if I want to switch to HFL..........

No I don't expect it to answer without me pushing the answer button.

As far as deleting and re-enabling the pair , I'm trying to not do that.. until last result.

Agreed. It should just put you right in the call after you hit the button. The only reason I suggested to re-pair was because when I bought a new phone I named it the same as my old one which caused all kinds of interesting issues.

Up to you but I'd try to delete and re-pair.

I'm on a Honda how to web ......... and this is what it says........ And that's been what I was doing and it doesn't work...... by the way it was working correctly a few days ago.......... May I'll tackle un-pair and re-pair............

"How do I answer a call using Bluetooth HandsFreeLink?"
After pairing is complete, your phone need only be in the vehicle and turned on. You can now answer calls without touching the phone.
  1. Press and release the “Talk” button on the steering wheel. The audio system automatically switches to hands-free mode. Begin talking.
  2. Press the “Back” button on the steering wheel when you are finished with your call.

Well right now I de-paired (I think) but I can't get it to pair now...... Sheet.........

Agreed. It should just put you right in the call after you hit the button. The only reason I suggested to re-pair was because when I bought a new phone I named it the same as my old one which caused all kinds of interesting issues.

Up to you but I'd try to delete and re-pair.
I have avoided this problem by not having a cell phone. :giggle:

Thanks everyone for the effort(and humour) , I tried the phone number, but they're closed....... I'll take it by the dealer and have them do it, took them forever to pair it the 1st time(which is why I didn't want to lose the pair).

HFL fixed ........ So, what I did was take it to the dealer(my sales person), and they did everything I did, and it wasn't recognizing my phone for the pairing...... then he said he skipped past that part to some other option (I didn't get to see how he did it) , then it recognized it......... Now all is well........... Sorry I can't 'splain how to by-pass, would have been a nice FYI............

did you guys test incoming calls - all is working?

did you guys test incoming calls - all is working?

Yes, incoming is working now........ So the suggestion to DE/UN-pair and re-pair must have been the correct move, just that I was inapt enough not to be able to do it.

I remember what the change was he did on the pairing, he choose search instead of discover.

Back