cell Phone w/my HFP

Well as it turns out there was more happening with my trying to get my cell to play nice. I bought my cell in 2008 and it just didn't have enough "BLUE" in the tooth department. I went over to my cell carrier and had them check it out, after trying mine, depaired it and paired his phone to my car and it works like it's suppose to.... so I got a new phone and he set up the pair as well..........
My old cell still kept messing up on in coming calls, it would work for a few calls then quit.
I actually got the new cell with a mail in refund , and my monthly payments will be the same....of course another two year contract, but I wasn't planning on changing servers anyway.

Just curious, did you try changing the setting from the car instead of changing to bluetooth from your phone after answering? If you don't have navi, you can press the center select button on the headunit to bring up options while in a call, and I believe one of those options is for switching between bluetooth and handset for talking. Changing it from there might affect the default behavior for future calls.

Last edited:
Just curious, did you try changing the setting from the car instead of changing to bluetooth from your phone after answering? If you don't have navi, you can press the center select button on the headunit to bring up options while in a call, and I believe one of those options is for switching between bluetooth and handset for talking. Changing it from there might affect the default behavior for future calls.
Though a lot of peeps help from here, I tried what you are suggesting to no avail. That lead me to finally going to my Sprint dealer, and we went into my car and he did everything to try to pair it, and found that it would pair but not pair all the new software that's needed for the newest blue tooth cars. Went as far as to pair his own cell to my car and everything paired correctly, so I bought a new cell, and he set that to my car, and now all is well, but thx for the info................ From all of you

I've since started diving deeper into settings in general, on the and the music adjustments. Which leads me to this topic, the balance and fade adjustment is great(I like the digital display)........ Anyway back to point...... I've tried(any/all my cars in the past), and end up leaving the R/L & F/R balanced in the middle, seems to have a richer sound that way, were as trying to adjust all speakers to converge at my head, That sounded good stereo wise but lost the richness........... So anyway I find that on my Civic I can stray from centre and still have some richness, as long as I don't stray too far............
What do any of you think, about adjusting balance? (I think I know why I see a lot of ppl driving with their heads centring in the car, but I'll stick to staying planted in my seat).

I like to keep the speakers centered. It sounds weird if you adjust the balance since one side will be louder than the other and emitting different sounds (since it's stereo) than the other half of the speakers. I don't like the fade either because the way they positioned the 7 speaker system is perfect for listening to as-is.

Back