Changing springs

Found a perfect picture to describe what I'm seeing here. The red circle is the squarish part of the isolator and there is a little nipple that sticks down. The yellow circles are the 2 holes it can sit in. A cutout on one side that fits the square and an indentation on the other side that fits it. Still no issues but I'm worried if it will affect alignment or long term issues. What do you guys think? Any Honda techs on the forum that could be tagged?

Also the springs in the picture are aftermarket. The stock springs are evenly wound and not progressive, so same spring rate top to bottom

3da1b5df31f5eee8845062079e9e7c3d.jpg

Good picture!
From what I see, setting the thing in the hole, the only thing I can think of is that if it's set in the correct hole it "MIGHT" prevent it from turning on compression, while the top doesn't rotate.......... Note: I don't know that it would, or that if it did that it would make any difference...... And like mentioned some of these things are for mass assembly and have no other purpose.
Just a thought, it could be to keep the rubber from working it's way off the end of the spring?

Yeah I'm sure it's to keep the spring from walking around. I just didn't know if the orientation changed anything in the way it works.

I seem to be late here and haven't really looked into the design of our front springs but are the top and bottom of the spring flat? If not, then maybe it could be flexing improperly causing premature wear on the "non flat side" (dunno a better term at the moment)? Premature wear causing weak spring? Just a thought I had. I know the strut moves linear with the spring (being a strut) so probably not though.

That picture is the best example I can give. The spring on the bottom isolator sits mostly flat. The reason I mounted it on the side I did was because that's how it was sitting straight. Mounting it the other way was causing it to sit at an angle when compared to the strut

Back