Clunking springs?

Gardnaaa

Hey guys just installed h&r sport springs on my 2014 Si sedan the other day. I used a spring compressor for the fronts, and I also put the oem rubber covers on the h&r's. When I turn the wheel all the way it sort of clunks or creaks. Anyone else have these issues?

Possibly, I just find it weird and was wondering if anyone has or is encountering the same problem. Thanks webby

you probably bought h&r springs for a 2013 models!! the springs is different from 2013 and 2014!! the ONLY company that makes coilovers or lowering springs for 2014-15 for now are D2 racing!! this is what @PROCIVIC told me [emoji106]

you probably bought h&r springs for a 2013 models!! the springs is different from 2013 and 2014!! the ONLY company that makes coilovers or lowering springs for 2014-15 for now are D2 racing!! this is what @PROCIVIC told me [emoji106]

Not sure about that. I know few people that are lowered on Eibach Pro kit and H&R springs and they have no clunking noises. Maybe the springs were not installed properly or he needs new springs isolators.

maybe you re right michal006! its just what ive been told! didnt do my own experience [emoji6]

@jrse7en has Eibach Pro kit springs on his 2015 Si. Also I will have mine installed on Tuesday.

I read in another thread about this issue with springs that different isolators need to be used to avoid clunking noises. What I did was order the 12-13 springs and rear rubber isolators from a 13 Si. I have the 15. I'm not totally sure why this was needed but heard it avoids any creak or clunk noise.

If you have front end noise I wouldn't know what to suggest but a milder drop. I have 200ish miles on my springs and today they started to feel like they are breaking in. The ride isn't as rough as it was right after I put them on. The ride is getting lower and the steering response compared to stock is night and day. The car is stable and responsive at 70mph.

I haven't heard any noises from the front end at all. I did have a 92 civic years ago with coil overs so I know what noises can exist.

The person who installed my springs did the whole job with an alignment and road test in under 2 hours and he has done at least a couple dozen installs on various makes and models. He was a bit particular about making sure the front spring and shock were lined up the same way the factory spring shock were, if that means anything.

A few people who had noises ran spring silencers from Tein. Sometimes what you are hearing is coil bind where the winds of the spring contact each other. It can be especially noticeable at either full compression or full steering lock. Also at full lock you can get groaning/clunking from several points in the suspension since they are at their limits. Ball joints make a lot of noise at full lock when they are close to worn out. You should not have that issue and I suspect coil bind.

These thingies: You can get them from whoever, tein just makes it easy to find their page.

http://www.tein.com/products/silencer_rubber.html

A few people who had noises ran spring silencers from Tein. Sometimes what you are hearing is coil bind where the winds of the spring contact each other. It can be especially noticeable at either full compression or full steering lock. Also at full lock you can get groaning/clunking from several points in the suspension since they are at their limits. Ball joints make a lot of noise at full lock when they are close to worn out. You should not have that issue and I suspect coil bind.

These thingies: You can get them from whoever, tein just makes it easy to find their page.

http://www.tein.com/products/silencer_rubber.html
So is coilbind bad? Sorry for the dumb question! Lol

you're having the noise without going over bumps though correct?

AH, its probably the way they are positioned in the spring perches/isolators. I missed that it was only when sitting still. Something is binding and then moving. Check and see, if you can see them easily, that there are numbers on the springs, make sure if there is a R and L specific spring they are on the correct side of the car. Also check that the rubber on the top and bottom are positioned correctly. You may need to loosen and rotate things slightly. Then tighten it all back up to the correct torque specs.

If you want to try the lazy way you could spray a little silicone lube on them and see if that helps. Do one side at a time and just the top or bottom. You should be able to eliminate area by area and find exactly where the problem is.

Back