Completely Lost the Display on the iMid! HELP!!!

Sorry this took so long. Well David McDavid Honda in Frisco fixed the problem this week. When I called them a few weeks ago they said there was a new release coming in the first week of September. So I awaited for the part with the new program.

In the mean time my battery went out. It was a Honda 100 month battery and failed at 28 months. This is the second battery that failed in this car. The first failed at about the 27 month mark. Since I was near the dealership I went there and obtained a replacement. Then that replacement failed at about the same point (27-28 months). I would not give the factory battery too many stars if I was rating it on Amazon but the positive is that they replaced it for free.

The I-MID Unit was put in and it did not work. The service adviser called me right after lunch and let me know that they could not get it to work. They had been on the phone with engineering in CA again and determined it must be a defective part. Another I-MID was shipped in to replace the replacement. One more day at the dealership and we are back on the road.

The service adviser said that there was another 12 Civic that came in with the same problem. It was repaired this week as well.

Don't know if this was helpful but if I was to do this again I would test the battery first to see if it was getting weak. Then I would replace the fuse in position 29 and then drive it unless it was out of warranty.

Thanks for letting me add my two cents.

Mark
The Colony, TX

I was working on installing some speakers and the battery died on me. Can probably be attributed to music playing, headlights on due to always leaving them on auto (stupid me. I did this once before...), driver's door and trunk open, and the car was never running.

Anyway, I saw a warning (power steering I think) flash up on the iMid as I was checking preouts on the head unit and then the battery died about 15-30 seconds later. Jumped it. Started no problem, but no display on the iMid...

So, who knows what fuse to check for the iMid?

Also, does anybody think that unhooking the battery for 10-15 minutes to reset the ecu might do the trick?

Same thing happened to my 2015 civic when I jumped it. Unplugging the battery for 15 minutes did reset it and fixed the issue. Display, camera and radio all working properly.

Lock and unlock the car with the factory remote. I've had that happen on my car and other cars that I've worked on and when you use the keyless entry can bus wakes the imid up

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Just wanna put this out there since my iMid is also having a problem but my iMid would constantly malfunction and my odometer and the digital thermometer would blink and disappear. Do you guys experience that too? Does it mean my battery voltage is low? Everything is bone stock. Never tampered around the digital stuff and unfortunately it happens. Additionally whenever alert pops up for an open door it would do the same, pop up then blink then disappear then reappear. Can you guys give me insight on my problems? TYIA :)
We’re you able to fix this issue? If so what was causing the problem? I am having the same problem.

Back