Completely Lost the Display on the iMid! HELP!!!

alright well try swapping fuses... otherwise.. idk if fuse 19 was blown all accessories would be malfunctioning :(

I am wondering if it had something to do with the warning screen I saw pop up. They usually take a while to go away. Last time I killed my battery, it was a while before the warnings went away. Some sort of hiccup there maybe? Oh well, all is good again...for now. If it happens again, I will take it to the dealer.

The warnings you saw are due to low battery voltage. Don't know if this will help, but make sure you have the latest PGM software installed - there's a fix for battery premature discharge/ car needs multiple jump starts.

The dead battery was totally my fault due to forgetting the headlights were on due to being on auto as well as having the stereo on. Never had problems otherwise.

Ever take it to Honda...or it just corrected itself? Was your battery dead?

Battery died and I jumped it right away when all of this happened. Corrected itself after three starts and about 15 miles later. Never took it to the dealer. If it happens again, I will though.

I was asking if spider210 took it to honda... post 26.

Just wanna put this out there since my iMid is also having a problem but my iMid would constantly malfunction and my odometer and the digital thermometer would blink and disappear. Do you guys experience that too? Does it mean my battery voltage is low? Everything is bone stock. Never tampered around the digital stuff and unfortunately it happens. Additionally whenever alert pops up for an open door it would do the same, pop up then blink then disappear then reappear. Can you guys give me insight on my problems? TYIA :)

Just wanna put this out there since my iMid is also having a problem but my iMid would constantly malfunction and my odometer and the digital thermometer would blink and disappear. Do you guys experience that too? Does it mean my battery voltage is low? Everything is bone stock. Never tampered around the digital stuff and unfortunately it happens. Additionally whenever alert pops up for an open door it would do the same, pop up then blink then disappear then reappear. Can you guys give me insight on my problems? TYIA :)
haven't seen or heard of any of these issues

i suggest you bring it to the dealer right away

only time odometer does not show up is when key is in ACC mod only.

Last edited:
The intelligent multi-information display (i-mid) of my Honda Civic 2013 LX is not working anymore. it is not displaying anything, any ideas??

Take it in to dealership. The only thing I can think of is if the Imid has a separate fuse, it could be blown.

Reactions: Nix
Hi,
Newbie here. I usually hang out over on earlycj5.com. I was looking for information on this subject. In addition to this thread I found this:

http://www.***************/forum/au...average-fuel-economy-range-total-miles-2.html

Here is my story on my 2012 Civic LX.

The odometer disappeared from the display along with the fuel economy and, when you scroll down on the menu, vehicle maintenance information. The menu item was actually non existent. Using the other thread I pulled fuse 29 and replaced it. The display reset. All is well and that fixed the problem.

Being an old person I figured I really ought to take it to the dealership and have them evaluate if they needed to update the software as outlined in TSB 13-017. Soooooo.....The dealer made a couple of attempts to install the software update. It would not work. So they contacted California (Honda tech support I assume) and they said to unplug the (IDK what) and re install it. So they did and that completely lost the I MID display. Everything totally black.

My wife picked up the car and they gave her an estimate in the $580 range to replace the doo dad that they had removed and reinstalled. She brought the car home. We discussed it a little. I went to a training session today and she took the car to work. The dealership called her today and offered to replace the part for 1/2 price (in the $250 range.)

Being an unsolicited call it might lead me to believe that maybe they messed up and are trying to make good. Or maybe they are a good neighbor and want my wife to purchase the Accord she was eyeballing.

Stay tuned. I am going to try the fuse trick again tomorrow and will keep you posted.

Any opinions?

thanks.

Mark
The Colony, TX

So they broke something during a reflash attempt and want you to pay for it? Uhh?

Seems that way. And probably from their point of view the part is defective, out of warranty and needs to be replaced. Obviously something was not working and reasonably could be assumed to be that part. I do not have access to that TSB. I read the summary on the NHTSA website but it only briefly describes the problem and fix. I will let you know how it goes.

It sounds like they may be trying to cover themselves by offering a lower price as they might think you would pursue legal action. That seems to be in style these days [emoji38]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back