Console tray pad

xrSPL.gif

Hello everyone. I actually Googled "Civic Console Liner" and found this forum. Ha! After 8 years and 105,000 miles with my Accord, I parted with it two weeks ago and spontaneously bought a 2012 Civic as I was waiting for the Accord to be serviced. Hate it when that happens.

Anyway, I discovered the same thing quickly. Everything was sliding around in the console tray, and the cupholders as well. I love this suggestion! Went out and bought a similar roll of shelf liner at Bed Bath and Beyond. Cut to fit and mine is almost exactly like Stephey's. Since I have no eye for dimensions, etc., here's what I did. I took a piece of heavy duty aluminum foil, and placed it into the console tray. Pushed it down to form an outline of the console tray. Then brought it inside and used that foil "mold" to work off of. Pretty much was able to get it really close on the first try by measuring and working off the mold. Now, I want to tackle the cupholder. That's going to be tricky. Good thing I have enough shelf liner to cover a football field.

One question though. What's this stuff made of? Do you think there's any chance it'll stick or melt to the plastics in the car in the heat? I'm in Florida and the summer heat's unbearable.

Jim

Great idea with the foil as a template. Glad you found us, and welcome! :wavey:

Not sure what the specific material is, or how well it stands up to heat. Maybe put a piece of this on cardboard in the oven at 180 F to see how it does?

Welcome Jim2012....... Good idea on the tinfoil........... Take some pic's of your car soon.

one description for the liner -
This shelf liner is crafted with a durable PVC coated rubber material that securely grips both the shelf and the items being stored is antimicrobial to prevent mold and bacteria buildup and is even machine washable.

nice idea on the foil template

I did the same thing with the rubber anti-slip sheet roll from Walmart and made a template using the aluminium foil. The only thing I've noticed the anti-slip sheet actually moves around a little so what I did was purchased wide role of double sided tape to secure it with a couple of strips. Works like a champ.

Thanks for the tips guys!

This is seriously awesome. It looks right at home in your compartment there - very precise hands doing the cutting.

I am so going to do this, because you're right - that storage area is utterly useless. It was tolerable in the 8th gens because the sides were raised more so nothing would fall out, but that's SO not the case on the 9th gen!

Thanks for the great idea!

Back