dentrecords photography

Absolutely gorgeous! The tiger pic is :drooling:.

Amazing pics. I too have a passion for photography and use Canon cameras of different models. Smallest is the Canon Powershot G11 to Canon 60D. Working on getting better lens for the 60D. Yes manual is the way to go for best shots.

Keep em coming!

awesome shots yet again. :excited:

thank you sir

Absolutely gorgeous! The tiger pic is :drooling:.

Thanks, eh?

Amazing pics. I too have a passion for photography and use Canon cameras of different models. Smallest is the Canon Powershot G11 to Canon 60D. Working on getting better lens for the 60D. Yes manual is the way to go for best shots.

Keep em coming!

you could always get the Nikon f-mount adapter for your Canon if you want better glass :thumb:

Hey, even Nikon man Ken Rockwell praises some canon lenses over his fav Nikons. You have quite the collection of primo nikon lenses though. You should do a photoshoot of your gear.

thank you sir

Thanks, eh?

you could always get the Nikon f-mount adapter for your Canon if you want better glass :thumb:

I too have heard about the adapter for my Canon to use Nikon lens. The Canon's "L" series are considered the best but almost most expensive as you can imagine. Right now I have the stock 18-200MM zoom lens that came with the camera. It's not bad but not the best either.

Drooling over some white lens :)

Look at the canon 50mm lens for like ~$100. One of the sharpest lenses you'll find for the money.

you talking about the 50mm 1.8, aka the plastic fantastic or nifty fifty? I have one, when it hits focus its incredible, but if you're shooting wide open its really obvious when it misses even by a little bit because your depth of field is razor thin

I too have heard about the adapter for my Canon to use Nikon lens. The Canon's "L" series are considered the best but almost most expensive as you can imagine. Right now I have the stock 18-200MM zoom lens that came with the camera. It's not bad but not the best either.

the only downside to any sort of plate adapter to put one mount of lens onto another camera is that youre adding metal and length to the whole assembly, so the intended focal plane of the lens is now shifted out a few mm by the adapter plate. Most cases this isnt a huge problem unless youre trying to focus at the extremes.

The L series glass is fabulous stuff, i hope to own some at some point later in life (much much later), for now Tamron Tokina and Sigma are my friends. I have a Tamron 28-75 2.8 that rarely left my 30d, its already moved over to the 7d and ill see how it likes life there tomorrow and through the weekend

Cool. Let us know how those lens are working out on the 7D. Am a little jealous that now Costco is selling the 7D which is where I got the 60D. Still both great cameras just 7D is built better.

Check this out... it could very well be the best piece of glass on the planet:

attachment.php

you talking about the 50mm 1.8, aka the plastic fantastic or nifty fifty? I have one, when it hits focus its incredible, but if you're shooting wide open its really obvious when it misses even by a little bit because your depth of field is razor thin
yes - the 50mm 1.8. Showing up as $110 on bhphoto right now. You may be able to find one used on ebay or amazon cheaper...but still. I know mikey6p used that lens on most/all of the photos he did of his car and Arm0ged0n's

yes - the 50mm 1.8. Showing up as $110 on bhphoto right now. You may be able to find one used on ebay or amazon cheaper...but still. I know mikey6p used that lens on most/all of the photos he did of his car and Arm0ged0n's

For its price you can't beat the 50. It is very sharp and was my only lens for about three years....until I finally got some new gear this Christmas :woot:

Also, Great shots Dent! How did I miss this thread....

its just a 1ds mk3, used they run around 3k. I dont recognize the nikon lens on the front of it

Back