dirtybirds 2013 PMM Si Sedan Build

do the smokes headlights effect the light output at all?

headlights aren't smoked. I pulled all the reflector portions of the headlight out and put a FX-R bi-xenon projector for high and low beam and a rigid industries dually as an aux light where the high beam used to be. It might just look like that because everything is black inside the lens.

super 4x4 status in the one pic lol. Wheel specs?

17x8 RPF1s +45mm offset. Got a super deal on them brand new. Tires are Dunlop Direzza DIIs 225/45/17.

And living in a place surrounded by water/flood zone - I'm skeptical of going low because that means I'm that much closer to water if it floods lol.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nix
Do eeet. Just a little bit man. I dropped 1.6" and still ran in 8" of snow without issue. Hahaha. Snow tires are the best.

Is there even a decent spring that goes well with the Koni Yellows yet? I don't just want lowering springs, I want something that's going to work well on the track. The honda team I work with sometimes for runs ridiculous spring rates so borrowing parts of those car is out of the question lol.

Is there even a decent spring that goes well with the Koni Yellows yet? I don't just want lowering springs, I want something that's going to work well on the track. The honda team I work with sometimes for runs ridiculous spring rates so borrowing parts of those car is out of the question lol.

You should talk to @RedShiftChris. He will custom make a suspension setup for you based on what you want/need/goals.

I particularly like the neuspeed sports I have with my Koni's, haven't seen them available for the 9th gen off the shelf yet, but I bet chris might have a better custom option available.

I think my rates are 220F/450R

I bet something closer to 300/450 would work pretty well. If you're seriously only tracking the car or just want track performance then I bet he would up them to like 400/500 or stiffer like 475/600. Again, just guessing with the heavier 9th gen chassis and generally stiffer track spring rates.

I may just slap some Koni Yellows on the stock springs for now or since the HFP suspension is relatively cheap I may try that route. With that rear sway bar and the tires I'll be fine for PDX events for now.

Sorry for the crappy cell phone pics but i finished a softball game and the lighting was perfect. If i would have run home to get my dslr my wife wouldn't have let me go back out lol
unnamed.jpg

unnamed1.jpg

unnamed2.jpg

unnamed3.jpg

What made you go from a subaru to a civic?

It's a long story; but, to make it short....Performed an oil change on the WRX, found a lot of large gold flakes, finished the oil change and took it directly to a Subaru dealer. They said they couldn't do anything until the engine blew - fought for a while. Took it to a couple other dealers same thing. I was furious because I don't want to be driving with my newborn in the car and have the engine blow (only one car family at the time). Fought with Subaru NA for a while and they stood behind their dealers. Started to file a lawsuit for not honoring their warranty and they settled to buy the car back and give me a deal on a new one if I purchased within a year. I went and got a 2013 Si and got my wife the new Forester she wanted.

The EJ25s are garbage in my opinion. Especially with how the STIs have the ringland failures and a pampered WRX with 10k miles on it has a rod bearings going...

I'm tempted to go try the new WRX with the 2.0. The Forester XT was a blast to drive with that engine and I havent heard any issues with it so far. The Si is going to be my track car and I'm going to get a street cruiser like a Mustang or Camaro soon.

Man I've been getting a lot of flak and hate from my co-workers on my wheels. Most of these guys drive minivans though so I tell them their argument is invalid.

Back