Disabling VSA w/ wheels that have no TPMS Sensors.

I don't think "TPMS is a terrible feature". It's a great feature for probably 99% of drivers. It's a pain in the *** for the other 1% that like to swap wheels.

For example, my gf hit a curb and unknowingly bent the lip of her stock steel wheel just enough to cause a leak. She wouldn't have known it was low for a long time because the light went on before it was actually noticeable at a glance. Most people aren't enthusiasts and don't stand back to admire their car, and as a result don't notice the air pressure looks low. Also, these people are not usually mechanically inclined and forget to pump up their tires. Without good knowledge of tires, it's hard to imagine that tires just lose air for no reason. Heck, if there wasn't a fuel gauge, these 99% of people would probably expect to never have to fill up on gas until they run out in the middle of street for the first time.
You are so right. TPMS is a great example of of the heavy hand of govt. swooping in to do for us what we cannot do for ourselves . . . walk around our cars periodically to check that the tires have air, so we don't wreck for no reason.

Same thing just happened in my Corvette. My front/driver's side tpms is starting to go bad, and kicks me out of "competitive mode", when the signal is lost.

I'm getting a new set of wheels/tires/sensors this week. I'll replace that one sensor once I replace the tires on my current set of wheels.

You are so right. TPMS is a great example of of the heavy hand of govt. swooping in to do for us what we cannot do for ourselves . . . walk around our cars periodically to check that the tires have air, so we don't wreck for no reason.
Hey, if it helps prevent other people from losing control and/or blowing their tires and crashing into me, I'm for it. Most people are idiots and don't maintain their car or check anything, but you can't prevent them from driving for that reason, it's not part of the driving test (which needs to be harder, but I digress) and it couldn't be tested anyway.

But anyway, I don't feel overwhelmed by the government at all so your comment isn't really going to strike any resonance with me.

Hey, if it helps prevent other people from losing control and/or blowing their tires and crashing into me, I'm for it.
Well I'm not ok with it. You are very generous with our money, because we both paid at least $200 extra for our cars because lazy people can't check the air in their tires, enter the Nanny state. And the headaches we endure because of the TPMS system? But it's all good. It's just money. There's plenty of it.

But I must have struck a "resonance with" you, or you wouldn't have replied. It's ok. Nanny systems, nanny states, they have their place. There is nothing wrong with liking and defending them. I understand young folks. I saw how you dealt with your first apartment and thought you did a great job at it. What I didn't say was that you were hell-bent on avoiding conflict while they were trying to give it to you right in the keister.

As long as everyone can avoid conflict, that's what matters? No. How much of my money or your money is squandered does matter, and the older you get, and the more of your own money you part with because of stupid people, the sooner it will make sense to you. You and I should not have to part with our hard-earned money for the slob who won't check his or her tire pressures. Does that really need explaining? Look, I can tell you are a good kid just from that other apartment thread. But I'm gonna learn you one thing . . . TANSTAAFL.

Last edited:
Well I'm not ok with it. You are very generous with our money, because we both paid at least $200 extra for our cars because lazy people can't check the air in their tires, enter the Nanny state. And the headaches we endure because of the TPMS system? But it's all good. It's just money. There's plenty of it.

But I must have struck a "resonance with" you, or you wouldn't have replied. It's ok. Nanny systems, nanny states, they have their place. There is nothing wrong with liking and defending them. I understand young folks. I saw how you dealt with your first apartment and thought you did a great job at it. What I didn't say was that you were hell-bent on avoiding conflict while they were trying to give it to you right in the keister.

As long as everyone can avoid conflict, that's what matters? No. How much of my money or your money is squandered does matter, and the older you get, and the more of your own money you part with because of stupid people, the sooner it will make sense to you. You and I should not have to part with our hard-earned money for the slob who won't check his or her tire pressures. Does that really need explaining? Look, I can tell you are a good kid just from that other apartment thread. But I'm gonna learn you one thing . . . TANSTAAFL.
I only wanted to avoid conflict because of the headache and stress (and money I don't have) involved. Luckily it didn't have to become a conflict involving legal issues and such.

I understand there are stupid people but in regards to the TPMS system I don't mind it.

I am a pretty liberal person as you probably assume and that's not going to change. I don't see the TPMS as a government overreach or waste of money. Tire pressure affects the road surface and safety, which is a concern to every driver out there. I don't prefer to get into a debate on other government issues though so let's not head that way.

Anyway, TPMS is not a problem to me.

I only wanted to avoid conflict because of the headache and stress (and money I don't have) involved. Luckily it didn't have to become a conflict involving legal issues and such.

I understand there are stupid people but in regards to the TPMS system I don't mind it.

I am a pretty liberal person as you probably assume and that's not going to change. I don't see the TPMS as a government overreach or waste of money. Tire pressure affects the road surface and safety, which is a concern to every driver out there. I don't prefer to get into a debate on other government issues though so let's not head that way.

Anyway, TPMS is not a problem to me.
No problem. To each his own is fair enough, but you really should wiki tanstaafl if you didn't already. :)

Any update on this? Getting ready to put my steel bad boys on and don't want that annoyance on and not be able to disable traction control. 13si coupe USA model

Let me see if I have this right, if I want to put on a set of snow wheels/tires, I need tpms in the winter wheels because some times you want the nannys off. Do the new tpms need to be matched to the car somehow?

Let me see if I have this right, if I want to put on a set of snow wheels/tires, I need tpms in the winter wheels because some times you want the nannys off. Do the new tpms need to be matched to the car somehow?

Yes, you need to have them synced at a dealership. Unless you transfer the stock ones, they'll still work with the car no matter what wheels theyre in.
As of right now, we can't disable traction control without a set of tpms in :(

Or you can get cloner tire pressure sensors and run multiple sets of wheels on the same four IDs.

I wonder if this is something that Hondata could write code for? Of course, you'd need flashpro to take advantage of it if they could/would do it. It woould be a great, additional selling point for Hondata, for those who may be on the fence about the product.
@hondata can you hear me?

I hope someone can figure this out. Last year this sucked. There are plenty of situations I need traction control off ex: getting out of a ditch. Stuck in snow ect...

I hope someone can figure this out. Last year this sucked. There are plenty of situations I need traction control off ex: getting out of a ditch. Stuck in snow ect...

Wanna beat the nanny, gotta keep the sensors. Wanna disable the nanny? Only way is to put in cloned sensors. Thou shalt use the TPMS sensors. If thou not, penalty is death to turn off nanny.

Back