Disappointing time. It will improve.

Honestly, compared to my own Si, yours doesn't seem to pull as well up top. I have kept my intake system stock, just use a K&N drop in filter. When I lay into the gas, it pulls best above 5000RPM and keeps gaining power up to 6800 - 7000RPM. Could you be getting heat soak from the intake?

I was thinking of taking off the intake. I looked over the dyno sheet that they provide and power seems to drop off at the top. I felt the intake after the run and it wasnt hot. The car sat for awhile between runs , i'd say at least an hour or more.

Here is my second run. About an hour and a half or so later. .5 second slower time. Not sure why. The car feels weird up top like its struggling. I think a downpipe should free up the restriction on the exhaust side and allow it to pull better top end. I'm going to go out this wednesday and see if I can improve my time some more , because these mid - 15 second runs are very disappointing. Sorry about the booty iphone vid.

View: http://youtu.be/OUvm7PuFmdY

Last edited:
45-47 secs in...sounds like you're really riding your clutch out....

it'd probably help to see a vid of your tach/mph gauge to see what's happening more than the view down the track.

Last edited:
45-47 secs in...sounds like you're really riding your clutch out....

it'd probably help to see a vid of your tach/mph gauge to see what's happening more than the view down the track.

I felt the wheels spin so I feathered the throttle. I want my clutch to last. His launch was alot cleaner than mine. Ima work on that next time out.

I was thinking of taking off the intake. I looked over the dyno sheet that they provide and power seems to drop off at the top. I felt the intake after the run and it wasnt hot. The car sat for awhile between runs , i'd say at least an hour or more.
I wonder what would happen if you shifted before power drops off instead of at redline? I have a feeling unless you get a tune boltons won't increase power as much as just change the powerband.

You know , I may try that out. It struggles so much up top. I can feel it struggle , surge in power then redline. Maybe I will shift right before the struggle point like you said, hopefully I dont fall below vtec on the upshift.

Last edited:
You know , I may try that out. It struggles so much up top. I can feel it struggle , surge in power then redline. Maybe I will shift right before the struggle point like you said, hopefully I dont fall below vtec on the upshift.
Even so I would think the k24 has enough torque to get it back in vtec fairly easily.

Ok so I made it back. Posted info in the quarter mile thread and almost forgot to update this one. So my time improved. I managed a 15.1 at 92 mph. The first 2 runs the car felt really weak up top. I believe it was due to the engine being hot. It cooled off and felt alot stronger. the air temps were cooler as well about 79 - 80 deg. stock tire pressure and spare tire removed from the vehicle. Had about 1/3 tank of gas. Race weight was 3063 with me in it. Here are the slips and video.
View: http://youtu.be/IzBvIBP0q28

Attachments

• IMG_0478.JPG
    IMG_0478.JPG
    549.9 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:
You obviously shifted the best on the last one. The last one had the quickest quarter, but the middle ground for 60ft times. After the 60ft times, the last run beats all the other figures on the slip. I'm guessing your 1st to 2nd shift was key on the last run.

You obviously shifted the best on the last one. The last one had the quickest quarter, but the middle ground for 60ft times. After the 60ft times, the last run beats all the other figures on the slip. I'm guessing your 1st to 2nd shift was key on the last run.

My last run felt good. The car had nice pull up top. I guess its from the cooler air and engine temps. Hopefully I can improve my 60' time. I had some wheel spin so hopefully on a perfect run I can hit 14.9.

OP: put your stock intake back on and just delete the resonator.

I'd be willing to bet money you gain 2 mph trap speed from doing it.

So I made it back to the track. I figured with the cooler temps I could go quicker than last time , I was wrong. I got 2 runs in as there were a ton of cars there. The first run I launched too hard a spun the wheels and then missed fourth and coasted to the finish. The second run was a little better even though I launched way too softly I guess because I didnt want to spin the tires again. I'm car 327.

Attachments

• IMG_0693.JPG
    IMG_0693.JPG
    191.9 KB · Views: 34
So going to the track on Sunday. I have raced at same quarter mile track that I'm going to before but I had an 6 speed auto Sonic. What do I need to focus on when driving a manual at the track? Do I need to shift at a low rpm in 1st gear to 2nd? What rpm do I want to be at when leaving from the start in 1st gear like 1.5k rpm idle or a higher rpm?

3-3500ish rpm at launch.... redline shifting each gear if you want a quick time. You have to keep the rpm up at each shift or you run the risk of falling out of vtec in the next gear.

3-3500ish rpm at launch.... redline shifting each gear if you want a quick time. You have to keep the rpm up at each shift or you run the risk of falling out of vtec in the next gear.

I'm guessing I'm supposed to have TCS turned off?

yes, traction off or you'll not be able to launch well. If it senses slip, it'll cut power to the wheels.

Reactions: raf
Back