Disappointing time. It will improve.

you definitely improved. it's pretty close to 14.9
Thanks , I guess I shouldve updated this. Ive been to the track a few times since this thread. My best time so far is 14.3@97mph. Flashpro w/ Vit tune (in progress) was added since my last post.

14.3 is an excellent time. At what mph? And what are your mods beside K&N intake and Vit tune?
Thanks , at the time I had K&N sri , AFE tbs , Tsudo 2nd cat delete/ test pipe , FP w/ Vit tune in progress. 97.12mph.

this "new" 2.4L engine has a lot more potential than the prior generation although redline is lower. so how much hp/tq did those mods gain, OP :)

No idea. Ive never dynoed her.
She has more in her though , my 14.3 had a 2.2 60 ft time.

this "new" 2.4L engine has a lot more potential than the prior generation although redline is lower. so how much hp/tq did those mods gain, OP :)

Not necessarily since most of the intake mods including new manifolds are proving to not provide any sort of gains. It looks like most gains on the new gen are all on the exhaust side except for the prl intake. Which is massive. Honda has been creating more A/M restrictions with the integrated manifolds than previously expected. It is simpler to create a turbo style MF now but it may not yield close to the same gains.

I'm watching NHRA drag racing. I normally dont watch but they are racing on the track that I usually drag race at. I'm getting a little excited watching this because I'm planning on racing at this track on friday. I'm hoping maybe I can get a better launch than usual since there will be many layers of sticky rubber hopefully still on the track. I'm going to try launching harder than normal and hope it sticks. Ive run a 14.3 at this track before with a 2.2 60 foot. Hopefully I can get a better time with a better 60 foot time.

Reactions: Nix
It rained and I didnt make it last time. Doesnt matter because I am going today :). My best time before was 14.3@97. That was with K&N sri , AFE tbs and tsudo 2nd cat delete w/ FP & Vit tune. Now I have PRL 3.5" cai , ZDX tb and Full Race catted dp w/ FP , Vit tuned of course. It is pretty hot out so I know that will be a factor in my times 87 with 50% humidity. Not the best conditions to run in but I have time today to go and test out my new setup.

I was a bit disappointed again. It was hot and humid , 87 deg with 57% humidity. Pretty much crappy weather for racing. On a cool crisp night she can go low 14's , I know she can. She did 14.3 in colder weather with different mods but this time only got 2 runs in. Car 5094. I saw another 9th , he was stock and didnt run too well neither. He did have a tpms issue. These cars dont like the heat much. Maybe an oil cooler would be beneficial?. Forgot to note that I was also at my heaviest raceweight @ 3135lbs. Nothing removed with a full tank of fuel.IMG_2877.JPG

Last edited:
Still not a bad time overall, though. Unless your oil temps are exceedingly high, I don't think an oil cooler is going to affect your times.

Only off by 0.2 sec on a bad night? Do you think you might have been closer to 14 flat with the new changes you've made to the car & the practice you've had on a good night?

I can only guess what my oil temps are. Im sure its higher than the engine coolant and that gets to 200+ deg. Maybe an oil cooler is too much. The car feels alot stronger at nite when its cooler / crisper out. Next time at the track , im going to wait until the end to get my last run in. That plus dumping that extra 100 pounds that I had should get me to very low 14's.

It seems like the fastest that I can get my car to go is a 14.4@97 mph. Ive been to the track 3 times in the last couple of weeks. On July 23rd it was hot and humid. The best time that day was 14.6@94mph. Went out on July 25th , the worst was a 14.6@96mph , car was still hot from driving to the track , best was a 14.4@97mph. Went on July 29th and got 1 14.5 @96mph and 4 14.4's @97mph. Mods are prl cai , zd tb , full race catted downpipe, fp w/ vit tune. It seems that I am still pretty far away from my 13.99 second goal. I would get a cbe , but the stock exhaust is too loud with the downpipe as it is , I couldnt imagine louder. I guess im out of options because I dont want to do the rbc swap. I have actually thought about going back to stock and trading her in for a slightly used audi s4. Hmmm decisions decisions.

It seems like the fastest that I can get my car to go is a 14.4@97 mph. Ive been to the track 3 times in the last couple of weeks. On July 23rd it was hot and humid. The best time that day was 14.6@94mph. Went out on July 25th , the worst was a 14.6@96mph , car was still hot from driving to the track , best was a 14.4@97mph. Went on July 29th and got 1 14.5 @96mph and 4 14.4's @97mph. Mods are prl cai , zd tb , full race catted downpipe, fp w/ vit tune. It seems that I am still pretty far away from my 13.99 second goal. I would get a cbe , but the stock exhaust is too loud with the downpipe as it is , I couldnt imagine louder. I guess im out of options because I dont want to do the rbc swap. I have actually thought about going back to stock and trading her in for a slightly used audi s4. Hmmm decisions decisions.
Time for forced induction [emoji1]

I was speaking with a couple of boosted 9th gen guys at honda day about it. Lol you shouldve seen the look i got when I mentioned maybe a wrx. I am going to keep my car. i like it and enjoy driving it. Boost is too much for me. I guess I will continue modding it , maybe a cat back exhaust. I just dont like being loud or the loud noise. How much time could I shave off of my 1/4 mile time adding a full race cbe?. Probably 1-2 tenths.

So after getting beat at honda day and wanting to go faster , I bit the bullet and ordered a fullrace catback. Lol the opponent I lost to had it , sounded good. Im anxious to get it and see if there is a big improvement without a retune. I noticed that I have an exhaust leak where the full race dp meets the stock catback. The bolts are tight , but I can still hear it and I still see the soot at the connection.

Back