DIY DIY - Automatic Passenger Window!

AlienPrime

Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
Vehicle Model
Civic Si HFP
Body Style
2 door Coupe
THIS IS STILL A WORK IN PROGRESS AND IS NOT COMPLETED!
So... We all have Auto drivers windows... but no passenger! This makes AP sad! Here is how we make both driver and passenger AUTO​
unUsi.sized.jpg
jVnOm.sized.jpg
First things first, your going to need to disassemble your door panel, i don't want to make repeats of any DIY so refer below to remove the door panel and take out your switch module.​
DIY: Door Panel Removal on LX Sedan (This will work on the Si/Ex/LX etc.)​
Secondly, we're going to need to remove the enclosure to get at the circuitry :D
There are a total of three screws; two at the top, one on bottom.​
yDKVU.sized.jpg
naZtB.sized.jpg
Next, wedge a small screw driver between the bottom peice and lift it very gently by the two clips. Be very careful these clips are very flimsy if you push them the wrong way, breaking them would mean a loose switch enclosure :(
aAbVG.sized.jpg
Once you'd got it up, put something in there to hold it from snapping back in.​
SvuGE.sized.jpg
Now do the same at the top, you can be a little more rough with these ones, don't think they'll break that easy! There's a little slot you can poke a little flat head in!​
KNtQo.sized.jpg
Alright, so that's the easy part! As you can see below, the auto window button uses a total of 8 pins. 5 on front, 3 on back.​
The Passenger only uses 6. 4 on front, 2 on back. Simple enough, we're missing a single set of pins, located in the center of the AUTO switch!​
Here's where i'm stuck... The on delay relay switch is actually a momentary contact switch that holds position once triggered. The problem is that the momentary and hold contacts are contained inside the switch.​
All i'm thinking of doing is simply drilling a hole through the center of the passenger side board, and wiring to a small momentary switch and contact. You can wire right off the leads of the secondary AUTO switch, problem solved.​
Next issue, is that the casing on the auto switch underneath is part of the switch enclosure. Therefore it cannot be moved or uninstalled. A custom rail type system will need to be fabricated in order to accommodate the new type of switch.​
Pin config shown below for left and right.​
TTJXv.sized.jpg
nDTCL.sized.jpg
5KEnu.sized.jpg

Already am on the other 9th site. Just wanted to share stuff here too :)

Don't think they need me anyways you have a great team here :D

I hate that Honda only does the auto switch on the drivers side.
lol i know weh!? Hahah i sucks! Should be done this project very soon. my pencil soldering iron died on my last month so i'm still waiting for the new one to come in. Quite confident i'm going to be able to make this work. Will test it on my buddies Si sedan later on in the month if all goes well :)

Nice! I wonder if Honda uses the samw window switch panel on my '13 Accord. The buttons in your pics look to be the same.

Do you know if any Honda/Acura car has the auto switch for both front windows? Might be easier to retro that panel into the cars without both auto switches.

Nice! I wonder if Honda uses the samw window switch panel on my '13 Accord. The buttons in your pics look to be the same.

Do you know if any Honda/Acura car has the auto switch for both front windows? Might be easier to retro that panel into the cars without both auto switches.

not a single one that i know of :( Even the new JDM accords (Acura TL's for us) have it on driver side only :(

fair enough bro. i may have to get a mod to delete this... 80% of the guts from an additional drivers side module needs to go into the passenger side. still have one left if you wanna buy it hahaha

Why delete it? Would it be too hard to finish the DIY or...?

Would swapping another AUTO button into the passenger button slot work?

well i'd need to take my door apart and take apart the module again... was so busy i should have taken pics :(

i only thought about it after the fact :(

I wonder if you can even buy the switch separately or if you'd end up shelling out like $200 for the whole control panel just to scavenge one button.

Back