DIY DIY - Better Interior Ambient Lighting

just did a clean installation but the bug spray i put on rubbed off all on my dash and now its all white, shouldve just gotten it professionally installed >.< lol

Mine are in, check my build thread! Slot 23 will turn them off with engine power?

Took about 3 hours with limited tools, the 2014 has this great gap all the way in the back of the foot wells connecting passenger and driver seats, perfect to tuck away wires and plugs along with thread through!

Mine are in, check my build thread! Slot 23 will turn them off with engine power?

Took about 3 hours with limited tools, the 2014 has this great gap all the way in the back of the foot wells connecting passenger and driver seats, perfect to tuck away wires and plugs along with thread through!
fuse 23 is ignition powered

Can These LEDs be connected to the dimmer switch which controls the rest of the lighting in the Dash? So that the brightness could be controlled?

Can These LEDs be connected to the dimmer switch which controls the rest of the lighting in the Dash? So that the brightness could be controlled?

deff not through the fusebox. that would require some fancy wiring and removal of panels that I'm not really knowlegable on BUT I'm sure it is possible, mabye through hard wiring the positive lead onto the dimmer controls itself behind the dash or soldering it onto the correct spot on computer controlling that dimmer, however it is more realistic and a lot easier to simply wire it to the fuse then manually control the brightness with the attached controller. All you have to do is remember to turn it off if you get pulled over!!

Wire it into the parking light output on the headlight switch. The steering column comes off with only 3 Phillips screws and then it's pretty simple from there. Pm me if you need wiring info, I can look it up on directechs at work.

Wire it into the parking light output on the headlight switch. The steering column comes off with only 3 Phillips screws and then it's pretty simple from there. Pm me if you need wiring info, I can look it up on directechs at work.
deff not through the fusebox. that would require some fancy wiring and removal of panels that I'm not really knowlegable on BUT I'm sure it is possible, mabye through hard wiring the positive lead onto the dimmer controls itself behind the dash or soldering it onto the correct spot on computer controlling that dimmer, however it is more realistic and a lot easier to simply wire it to the fuse then manually control the brightness with the attached controller. All you have to do is remember to turn it off if you get pulled over!!

yes, you can certainly put them on a dimmer. But a 5-12v potentiemoter. it's simple resistance load dimming and you can dim from full brightness to off :)

nice diy man, i wanted to do the same thing except with regular led strips and also want them to turn on/off with dome lights. Anybody have some info on this?? in terms of what wires to tap into? please

nice diy man, i wanted to do the same thing except with regular led strips and also want them to turn on/off with dome lights. Anybody have some info on this?? in terms of what wires to tap into? please
You only want them on if your dome light is on?

Back