DIY DIY - Better Interior Ambient Lighting

AlienPrime

Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
Vehicle Model
Civic Si HFP
Body Style
2 door Coupe
Hey guys just got the kit now at lunch! Just thought to post what the kit comes with for those of you who are interest...

The kit comes with:
- Double sided 3M tape
- 1/8" screws for hardmounting
- Four 9" 18LED tube lights
- 4' of wire for each tube light
- 1.5" x 2.5" Controller (for color changing, sound, constant-on, pulse, etc etc..)
- And a little manual telling you that you've bought LED's if your that dumb...

I would also suggest getting add-in circuits
atm_fuse_block_extension_add_a_fuse_bp_hhh.jpg

You can order those HERE

The source I got them from is LED GLOW... You can order from them by clicking the hyper link i added HERE

Service rep i spoke with (Justin) Suggested the 9" tubes because he said for the 2012 2 door civic it would look best doing the footwells, and under the seats for full light coverage.. that's why i when with them

I know there a little bit expensive for LED's but this company makes quality ****... just felt as though it was worth the little extra

Here we are! About two hours for a full installation! Looks phenomenal!!!! Don't take my word for it tho, see for yourselves
I'm a big computer hardware guy, and cable management is utmost important to me! I took panels apart, slid wires, and drilled holes to make this mod PERFECT!!

For reference sake, the system is supposed to be soldered to a 10A circuit, i only used the 15A circuit in this case because it was easiest for me to take the two 24 gauge wires, solder them, then have them marette'd to the lighting systems wiring. LED glow used standed AWG #24 as you can see, so i just got AWG #24 stranded as well

As for grounding, you can use any bare metal in the call. I used the bolts used to fasten the seat belts in the rear seat because i ran 12v to the rear of the car for a plug and for my trunk lighting

Tell me what you think! Keep in mind these pictures are taken in BROAD DAYLIGHT (PIC #9 you can really tell), so it'll look a lot better tonightt :D

x4Ye6.sized.jpg

Just wanted to add, your wiring into fuse slot 23

pZles.sized.jpg

Can't even tell there are wires there! Use of black electrical vinyl tape :)
PlTbS.sized.jpg

eH3K3.sized.jpg

Not a Wire in sight! Serious cable management skillz! :p
tQQSR.sized.jpg

yCDpY.sized.jpg

G6E64.sized.jpg

Night Shots!!
What you'd see on from a shiney windows :p
mZzid.sized.jpg

Litterally took me like a hundred tries for this... but this is a passenger wide angle shot :)

bzS8K.sized.jpg

Drivers view..
CccCS.sized.jpg

So much light its hard for the camera to focus... This is the passenger side flooring
x1eKG.sized.jpg

This is the widest angle this lens can achieve but it gives you a good idea of the light spread throughout the cabin in near completely dark lighting...
YfLrY.sized.jpg

Any Questions?? Feel free to ask

Last edited:
your feet are in lava! :omg: That is seriously bright! I wonder if black mats would tone it down a bit

brighter? passenger cars will think the interior of your car is on fire at night

just installed very simple! having the black all weather mats definitely toned it down

Last edited:
wow, that looks amazing:) i want to do that for my 2013 honda civic lx sedan but i cant find a kit or im just not searching right -__-

Back