DIY DIY - Honda 5 Pin Magic Switch!

AlienPrime

Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
Vehicle Model
Civic Si HFP
Body Style
2 door Coupe
I WANT TO START BY SAYING: THANKS SO MUCH TO Pauly99to17!!! None of this would be possible without him :D:D:D:D

He found the first two pins for illumination which helped us work our way to success with the rest of the switch!!

Alright!

So this has been a long lasting project of mine!

This DIY Deals with these special 5 pin powered switches from Honda
PN: 08E10-TA0-1M035
BUY IT HERE:http://www.collegehillshondaparts.c..._in=all&search_str=08E10-TA0-1M035&make=honda
WBpxf.sized.jpg

Switch function can be seen Below

I've found some new info as to how this part works! Magic little button really, the average switch has 2 or 3 lead. One positive, one ground and one return. That is all.
These have 5! Here is how they work :)

If you choose not to solder the wires, you can go to an old wrecking yard and get some of the green plug shown in the video!! I put a plastic because mine was ultraaaa lose :D
Any Honda from 1989 or newer, use the 5 pin switch...
The button may consist of, but are not limited to:
- TCS On/Off button
- fog light swtich
- sunroof button
- cruise switch
- parking light switch (from old CRX's)
- Heated mirror button (2002 Accords)
- ANY HONDA HAZARD SWITCH (LITERALLY EVERY ONE)
- etc etc etc... anything switchable :) If it has 5 pins, take that plug :D

STARTING FROM BOTTOM PIN IF SWITCH light icon points down
LIKE SO:
4koS4It.png

Pin 1- GROUND for illumination
Pin 2- Power/Live wire for illumination
Pin 3- GROUND for Switch
Pin 4- Power for switch
Pin 5- Positive, this completes the circuit for the on/off function

Hope this really helps some people! So no matter what you're doing you can have an OEM look on all your switching :D

vs7f0J9.png

VIDEOOOOOO!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wk8K8gC5tr4&

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=thy7AxvmOdU&feature=player_embedded

ONCE AGAIN, a combined work! Please don't forget to thank Pauly99to17!!! We both put actual hours into this silly switch!!

Last edited:
sooo, my question is... did you do something with this switch?

sooo, my question is... did you do something with this switch?

yes i'll be running three of these switches. one for underglow, one for front grill lighting and one for a garage door opener. will post all info once i get my car back in the summer. it is now stored for the winter.

know where you're going to mount them all?
ohh gosh donno how i missed this :(
Must have been to caught up with 9gc

there are blanks on the left of the steering wheel. will toss em in there once it's all wired up don't worry will do an extensive DIY when that happens mid May :)

Interesting....I went to take these pictures and realized the plug ins look identical. AlienPrime looked extensively for the plug socket that goes with the switch, but it seems we can't get this unless we order the $100 ambient light kit to get it. I am wonderign if this one is not available perhaps the one for the JDM Hazard light switch is available. (????)

EDIT: I found a green plug in at an auto-wreckers that works. See top of post.

Last edited:
yeh lol i know TCS button is the same. same as fog light button too haha. dude... we just need to solder it allllllll

obviously the hazard button is fine because it's gonna be just straight swap :)

Last edited:
Back