Does your Si burn oil?

Does your Si burn oil?

• Yes

Votes: 44 54.3%
  • No

Votes: 37 45.7%

• Total voters
You should have no problems from here out. Did you drive it pretty hard from day one? Like.. you didn't avoid going into vtec and stuff in the first 600 miles?

You should have no problems from here out. Did you drive it pretty hard from day one? Like.. you didn't avoid going into vtec and stuff in the first 600 miles?
No, The first time I drove it I redlined and bounced off of the revlimiter, it only had eight miles. I was a total noob and I was really excited, plus I wasn't used to the revhang at all! But my wife drove it back and forth to the dealership to get accessories installed which was a pretty good drive on the freeway, so maybe that was the key. I changed the oil at about 900 miles, and I drive it hard. I've been using the Mobil1 fully synthetic, and the Mobil filters.

Some have a theory that if it was "driven" initially, your rings seated better. Seems the ones that went easier during break-in (avoiding vtec etc) had more oil loss.

Some have a theory that if it was "driven" initially, your rings seated better. Seems the ones that went easier during break-in (avoiding vtec etc) had more oil loss.

I babied mine for almost 1500 miles, no vtec etc and my oil has been fine, thank God! I'm at 9600 miles now. Only went through 1/2 a quart on FF. I was pleased with that, but I STILL check mine once a week, just habit

Also changed FF at 5447 miles too under the advise of Webby, and I concur that my Acura service writer said the same thing, Honda really prefers you to wait to 5K to change FF for the moly that's in the FF and to ensure proper break in!

No a 12, bought last June when all the stuff was going on with the oil burning,gt lucky mine was built after I guess,not in the range.

My VIN is within that range and I do not have oil problems. Oil light has never come on and the few times I checked, the oil level was fine. No burning oil smell either. My 93 del Sol burnt oil so I would recognize the scent if I were to smell it.

Should I be taking it in anyway? Do I have bad pistons and rings and it just hasn't happened yet? I have a little over 11k miles on the odometer. Engine feels great and my gas mileage has been great... 33-34 MPG HWY cruising / ~25-27 "City" & spirited driving.

Last edited:
Back