• A large amount of updates and changes have been implemented. Users who have been using tapaptalk will need to access the site in their phone browser. You should see a big difference between the desktop/tablet/phone styles to make navigation and site options easier to use. If you come across any strange behavior, or errors, please report them in this thread. If you have any issues logging into the site, please delete all 9thcivic cookies and then log into the site. https://9thcivic.com/forum/threads/site-changes.16518/

Doing a clutch job

Mikeorock

queens, ny
Vehicle Model
civic si
Body Style
coupe
Anyone have any advice on doing a clutch job??? It will be my first time doing one and I'll be doing it in a drive way on stands. I've been reading up on it. It doesn't seem too bad...
I've been having a rattling noise in my clutch. I think it was the throw out bearing... The other day I took off hard it first gear and popped the clutch.. Now I can't put it into gear while idling.. When the car is off it goes into gear no problem...
So I'm hoping I don't have to change the clutch.. Maybe a collapsed thro out bearing or damaged pressure plate..
Hopefully after I do this my rattling sound will finally be solved...
Thanks in advance.

Mikeorock

queens, ny
Vehicle Model
civic si
Body Style
coupe
Ok thanks.. I really think my throw out bearing making noise the whole time and now it's collapsed or something because I can't take it out of gears.
I just wonder how hard the job really is... Everyone says the k rame is hard but how hard can it really be