Dyno Results: 2012 Civic Si Injen Cold Air Intake Dyno Before/After

Arm0ged0n

Corona, CA
Vehicle Model
Honda Civic SI
Body Style
Sedan
Ok the time has come. The dyno company is SP-Power. They did 3 runs on the dyno with the stock intake and 3 runs with Injen's intake. As you will see, the gains varied throughout the RPM powerband (i.e. the gains peaked at about 3800 rpms). The gain in torque and the gain in HP is seen by the gap in between the two-lines. Note there are two lines comparing Torque, and another 2 lines comparing HP.

The baseline numbers below use the gains at 4400 RPMs. NOTE: these numbers depicts one of the three runs; the one with the middle-range results (not the lowest, not the highest)

TORQUE
Stock: 143.7
Injen: 159.7
A gain of 16 lbs.

HORSEPOWER
Stock: 119.9
Injen: 133.2
A gain of 13.3 horsepower

Dyno_Graph_001.jpg

Awesome, glad to hear that it makes some extra power. Thanks for doing the dyno.

No I think he's just saying where the maximum difference is...the maximum gain of 13.3 happens when the horse power happens to be really low...ie. low rpm

Print screen the dyno graph from hp-viewer and paste it into paint, then save it as a jpg and post it :) lol

Thank you Turbo LOL I finally got it. BTW I take any donations LOL, wasn't cheap doing the dyno's, plus I called in sick to work today :confused:

Dyno_Graph_001.jpg

These numbers are invalid until some miles have been put on the car. Any modern car needs to have it's mixture adaptations set after a new part installed. On a BMW this is at least 60 miles. I dont know how long a Honda needs to be driven but its more than just a few. These results are only good for bench racing until he puts some miles on the car and retests. I guarantee his numbers will be different. Im wondering if Injen tested like this and that is why they got high numbers. Im not knocking the product as I plan on buying it, but thats the truth. That is how dyno testing is properly done.

These numbers are invalid until some miles have been put on the car. Any modern car needs to have it's mixture adaptations set after a new part installed. On a BMW this is at least 60 miles. I dont know how long a Honda needs to be driven but its more than just a few. These results are only good for bench racing until he puts some miles on the car and retests. I guarantee his numbers will be different. Im wondering if Injen tested like this and that is why they got high numbers. Im not knocking the product as I plan on buying it, but thats the truth. That is how dyno testing is properly done.

So typically, after putting on a "sufficient amount" of miles, what is the typical trend? Up or down? By how much?

Wait, after installing a new intake and letting it adjust for a while the power/torque numbers tend to increase by 5%?

No...Showroom fresh dyno vs a couple thousand miles stock engine that is what i experienced on my subies about 7hp increase but probably less conditions were close to being matched but a little off

Hmm I think this whole ecu adaptation thing is not a very well understood area. I guess we'd have to ask someone from honda about ecu adaptation to know for sure.

:wave: awesome work Arm0ged0n. Great to see the numbers from an outside source :thumb:
Good work Arm0ged0n! Power to the people. I'm glad it shows a real world increase lol. Now we need to get two Si's on 1/4 mile one stock one with upgrades and see what's up!

Back