Dyno Results: 2012 Civic Si Injen Cold Air Intake Dyno Before/After

Honda's base all their adaptations off of a drive cycle. The vehicle has to be driven from cold to operating temp, then back down. When the ECU senses more air, it will call for more fuel. Basically, the car does all the readiness checks while you warm up the car, drive it, and eventually shut it down. The actual procedure is a little crazy, cause you have to do stop and go driving for about 5 miles, then bring it up to above 45mph and cruise. After that, you have to bring the car up to 60-65mph and back down to 50mph without the brake. This allows the ECU to read from the TPS with enough length to set the readiness codes. Each sensor has a different criteria involving temps, barometric pressure, etc., but the ECT sensor has to be around 140 degrees to get an a/f monitor to be ready.
so dyno figures will change in some way after driving for a while? up/down?

Yeah, I didn't drive until week 4. I was still using a cane until about week 6. I still limp a little bit when I push a little too hard, but I was told it could be as long as 12-18 months until I'm completely back to normal. Good luck with your recovery. :thumb:

Im exactly 3 weeks and I am only using the cane sometimes. Looking forward to getting back into my Si, lol.

Ha,ha. Clutch. But I was ready to drive after about 1.5 weeks. I took it around the block just fine, no pain because it's mostly ankle. The wife threatened to divorce me if I drove before 4 weeks though. She has misconstrued the doctor advice as being some sort of law, lol. I get it though, she's just looking out for my safety.

Clutch for me. My wife was the same too. Should have heard her when I announced I was going for a ride on the motorcycle.

Oh well, can't stop them from loving us!

so dyno figures will change in some way after driving for a while? up/down?
The dyno results should vary after the car has been driven for a while. I would think they would get better simply because the car would eventually call for more fuel bringing the vehicle closer to a stoic a/f ratio. If you're running lean, you're not making power.

Thanks, after 4 weeks I'm finally back in my car. Went on a drive thru Big Basin state park today and it was awesome. Still loving the car. I did a resonator delete this morning. Luckily my wife is at work, lol. Seems a little louder especially at WOT but not too obnoxious. I think I still may get a cold air intake because I don't like the fact I can't hear the engine when I have the sunroof open. Need to hear for rev matching.

Back