DIY Electrical Work inside/outside your car!

Hi im New Here i want to add some lights on my sides mirrors one will be for when u unlock the car turn on on the mirrors to the ground. and the other will be with the turn signal.
just wonderingwhich wires ihave to tap into to get it to work.
also where is the relay for the turn signals i want to change it for the ones superbright leds is selling so i don get the hyper flashing problem. thanks

Hi im New Here i want to add some lights on my sides mirrors one will be for when u unlock the car turn on on the mirrors to the ground. and the other will be with the turn signal.
just wonderingwhich wires ihave to tap into to get it to work.
also where is the relay for the turn signals i want to change it for the ones superbright leds is selling so i don get the hyper flashing problem. thanks
very simple :)

Buy these
http://www.ebay.com/itm/12-13-HONDA...:2012|Model:Civic&hash=item3f298000f8&vxp=mtr

Wire a single light from hot off of left and right turn signals in engine bay. don't even run a ground run the single hot from the signal, and ground to the enclosure of the mirror itself on the door :)

I'm having a hard time joining 22 gauge wire, like the one used on the F1 rear led brake light. Anyone have any recommendations on the best fitting/splice?

Hey AlienPrime, I have a 2014 EX-L and I am trying to install the Hella Supertones to replace my horrible stock horn. With the non-si's, there is only one horn with a single wire going to it that is grounded by its mount; any help you can give me on wiring up these two horns? I would love to make the wiring look much more professional than whatever it would end up looking like if I did it without any guidance.

Thank you!

Hey AlienPrime, I have a 2014 EX-L and I am trying to install the Hella Supertones to replace my horrible stock horn. With the non-si's, there is only one horn with a single wire going to it that is grounded by its mount; any help you can give me on wiring up these two horns? I would love to make the wiring look much more professional than whatever it would end up looking like if I did it without any guidance.

Thank you!
So sorry for the immense delay as i rarely have time to check the site.

What you need to do is join the two hots on the horns and attach them to the single signal wire. I would butt slice two on one side and an 18 gauge out. Heatshrink the buttsplice in tight because it may be exposed to water, rub both mount on ground into the frame with eyeloops/otherwise and everything will work as per factory :)

I have a project coming up and have a couple questions for you @AlienPrime I am going to add a LED bar to my headlights with my retro fit, similar to the ones on the Spec D/ Pro Design headlights (same ones that 323 and Pauly have). I currently have the LED bars connected to the parking lights, so that they flash while signalling with my switchback signal lights. For my new lights, I want to remove the signal bulb and use the LED bar in their place. I will have both white and amber LEDs illuminating the bar so that they turn amber when signalling.

My first question is this, I read that you should use resistors inline when installing LEDs. I have the resistors in place already to prevent hyperflashing, but do i require resistors for the white LEDs if they are going to be on constantly? I have other LEDS in my car (fogs, reverse, brake) and they dont have resistors and work fine. Will this effect LED life if there are no resistors? I have an extra set of resistors like the ones I used to cancel hyperflashing (the ones in the golden metal case. 50W, 60Ohm i think), would these be suitable if I do need wire in resistors?

Second, I would like to wire the LED bar so that it is on all the time, but continue to function as turn/ parking lights as well. How can I wire them, to be on with DRL, but turn off the white while signalling during the day? This is what I currently have and would like the same thing, but with the addition of white as DRL since I dont have anything as DRL. Hope that makes sense to you.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xHS3Kbezbw

I used to have mine tapped into the map lights right there by the rear view mirror. Has anyone written a DIY on how to do it this way??

Back