DIY Electrical Work inside/outside your car!

shitt wait, is that not the steering column!? :o

Nope. You can see (barely) the steering column on the left in the third picture. It is just a grommet. Nothing else runs through it. If you are concerned about it being waterproof, you can use some silicone. However, it is so high up that if you have to be concerned about water coming in, you have much bigger problems to worry about.

Nope. You can see (barely) the steering column on the left in the third picture. It is just a grommet. Nothing else runs through it. If you are concerned about it being waterproof, you can use some silicone. However, it is so high up that if you have to be concerned about water coming in, you have much bigger problems to worry about.
awesome! Thanks for that! :D

awesome! Thanks for that! :D

Be careful as there is a bundle of wires to be aware of on both sides of the grommet. I actually pierced through one of the bundles. Didn't do any damage fortunately.

Be careful as there is a bundle of wires to be aware of on both sides of the grommet. I actually pierced through one of the bundles. Didn't do any damage fortunately.
i'll certainly keep that in mind and will remember that. I won't be taking my car out until winter is over so probably mid June-July once the snow melts :)

i'll certainly keep that in mind and will remember that. I won't be taking my car out until winter is over so probably mid June-July once the snow melts :)

If you are ambitious enough, you could take the grommet out and cut a hole in the center of it to run the wire(s) through. I tried to take it out, but found it quite difficult to do due to location and trying to get the right leverage. Of course, using something to pry it would have probably helped. There may be a bit of concern for the wire getting sliced due to being pinched between the edge of the hole and the grommet. I ran a 4 gauge with a thick sheath through it so I am not concerned about that. Smaller wires on the other hand...

so looking for advice!!

Would love to hear from you guys!

Goal: To have control of park lights alone (not signals/4-ways)

Intent: to be able to power on park lights so that light emits from front of car when unlocked/locked, but stays off when driving with presumed park lights on

Backing: so, i've cut connectors on the bulb itself (7443) to make the projector LED work as a 7440. Single filament type bulb operation is now what i use, but i dont have any illumination from the front of the car because the secondary filament set wiring is cut.

Question: how can i switch the second 7443 F2 line so that i can turn on/off the park lights (without cutting into stock harness)
worst case scenario, i will install separate lights from 7443 F2 and it will light up when lighted unlocked. They would act as park lights tho.
If i was to cut into stock harness this would be easy. diagram below

52801d1089707816-97-stop-light-in-the-rear-is-7743-or-7740-bulb-7443-7440-wiring.jpg

Nothing at all!! Welllll!!! Anyone else planning any new electrical mods for the summer?!

Ive got one running :)

I'll be installing a NC Pushbutton inside my change pocket. Gonna make it for HID low power cutoff :)

The foglights I ordered in december finally made their way here, so guess that means I can finally install them! I'll be putting them on monday! :dancing: FINALLY!!!!!!!
Thanks for all the info by the way guys, I should be able to get it done smoothly now!

The foglights I ordered in december finally made their way here, so guess that means I can finally install them! I'll be putting them on monday! :dancing: FINALLY!!!!!!!
Thanks for all the info by the way guys, I should be able to get it done smoothly now!
anything else you need let us know! I was thinking of doing a Fog DRL mod so i might be able to post wiring diagrams.

I wanna bypass the safety crap withe the oem 2013 navi. Once u start driving it disables being able to scroll or use most functions. Which I hate. I feel as though the hands free is not perfect yet I have a English accent and have a terrible time getting the navi to understand. Any help would be great. I know there was a wire that need to be connected to my e brake when I put my aftermarket navi/DVD play in my 8th gen. I bypassed that and was able to drive with movies playing.

I wanna bypass the safety crap withe the oem 2013 navi. Once u start driving it disables being able to scroll or use most functions. Which I hate. I feel as though the hands free is not perfect yet I have a English accent and have a terrible time getting the navi to understand. Any help would be great. I know there was a wire that need to be connected to my e brake when I put my aftermarket navi/DVD play in my 8th gen. I bypassed that and was able to drive with movies playing.
Yes, I agree with you. So, annoying that we can't do so many things as soon as we start moving. Can't even change an imid wallpaper which is 3 button touches. They let us change the clock though which is a much more complex thing to do. Smh
I wonder if one day someone will find away around this annoyance.

Back