DIY Electrical Work inside/outside your car!

Yes that makes sense, but are we suppose to fuse tap into #12 and if so, with what amp fuse. There is a 20a already in #12 so what should I use for the relay?

Huh..?
I'm just trying to figure out what fuse to put in the fuse tap for the fogs in #12.
I think what I'm going to do when I get the fogs in is just fuse tap a 10a along with the 20a that goes in the #12 for the fogs. It seems like all we need is something that is ignition sensed just by looking at Pauly99to17 picture. It shows t-taps on the ignition and batter wires, but I hate those, so I will will run a wire through the firewall to the battery for constant using a terminal ring and not the t-tap, then connect a fuse tap to the ignition wire and find something in the fuse box that has 12v when the key is on and just tap it there with two 10a fuses assuming that the slot is empty or just tap it with one 10a fuse if it has a fuse already there. I'm about to go volt check right now, I'll let you all know.

Huh..?
I'm just trying to figure out what fuse to put in the fuse tap for the fogs in #12.
I think what I'm going to do when I get the fogs in is just fuse tap a 10a along with the 20a that goes in the #12 for the fogs. It seems like all we need is something that is ignition sensed just by looking at Pauly99to17 picture. It shows t-taps on the ignition and batter wires, but I hate those, so I will will run a wire through the firewall to the battery for constant using a terminal ring and not the t-tap, then connect a fuse tap to the ignition wire and find something in the fuse box that has 12v when the key is on and just tap it there with two 10a fuses assuming that the slot is empty or just tap it with one 10a fuse if it has a fuse already there. I'm about to go volt check right now, I'll let you all know.
I put a 20 in the fuse tap. I don't think we need two fuses because that slot is empty.....well, it is for LX. I am actually in the process of installing them but they are not working yet. I think it is either one of my grounds (drivers side) or the fuse tap into #12 in the engine bay fuse box is not correct. The video says we should tap into the ignition wire (fuse). Do you know which one that is? I gotta check the fuse chart again. FK.....I don't know why it has to be so difficult.

Last edited:
I put a 20 in the fuse tap. I don't think we need two fuses because that slot is empty.....well, it is for LX. I am actually in the process of installing them but they are not working yet. I think it is either one of my grounds (drivers side) or the fuse tap into #12 in the engine bay fuse box is not correct. The video says we should tap into the ignition wire (fuse). Do you know which one that is? I gotta check the fuse chart again. FK.....I don't know why it has to be so difficult.

well you need two fuses becuase you have to tap into that, if there is no fuse then you have no voltage. #12 requires a 20a, so in your fuse tap, put a 20a in the slot thats next to where you plug in at, and then a 10a fuse in the slot where the wire is running from

Do one for a radar detector please :D

That should be an easy schematic...you can run it off a rocker switch to turn it on and off whenever you want, or run it on an ignition sense...just all depends what you want

Flippercon Heres a schematic I just did for your radar; this is just a quick mock up in microsoft paint but this is the just of it...I'm pretty sure this is correct but maybe AlienPrime can double check my work on this.

Attachments

• radar schematic.jpg
    radar schematic.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 9
Okay. Gotcha. I ended up running the fuse tap into the cabin and tapped into #43 which is for one of the power windows. It also takes a 20a fuse. Success!:dopey:

did you use two fuses?
Well, for this one yes because there was already a 20a fuse there so I knew I had to have two: 1 for the window and 1 for the fog lights. The tap in the engine bay to #12 didn't make sense to me to have to put two fuses because that slot was empty so I thought I just had to put 1 fuse into the tap for the fog lights.

Last edited:
Well the #12 requires a 20a to go in that slot if you had fogs hooked up...so if you were to tap into that you would have needed a 20a along with a 10a or whichever amp fuse.
Anyways you went ahead an tapped into the #43 in the cabin with a 20a and you are running 2x 20a in the fuse tap?

Well the #12 requires a 20a to go in that slot if you had fogs hooked up...so if you were to tap into that you would have needed a 20a along with a 10a or whichever amp fuse.
Anyways you went ahead an tapped into the #43 in the cabin with a 20a and you are running 2x 20a in the fuse tap?
I still don't understand why that tap needs 2 in #12 when it was empty, but not to worry.

Ya, 2 x 20a, do you think it will hold out or could this fuse blow?

Last edited:
I see what you are asking...ok so if you are going to use that fuse slot #12 to give power to the fogs it takes a 20a to be able to give off 12v..in other words, you NEED that 20a to have power to whatever you are fuse tapping into that. Soooo...if you are going to tap into it then you use another fuse along with that 20a.
Like I said, you need the 20a in that slot to give power to whatever accessory you are trying to power from it.

But anyways, its all worked out, post pics man I wanna see them. I'm about to buy them from CarId but I just wanted to make sure that they can be hooked up and work!

Back