DIY Electrical Work inside/outside your car!

Adding this for squiggy and FooBird
Just auto windows in passenger module. how it would be wired, since OEM switch won't power with their sensor-type relay :(

the inputs on the window cannot take feed from a auto switch. even when i switched leads on passenger and driver window buttons. passenger window did not work automatically :(

i thought it was just a simple switch, but there is a relay that holds on open/close until the window is all the way open or closed :(
8d5WcIq.png

if i were to make it work, i would simple run a 12v, 8 second time delay relay. and have it hold power at 12v for 8 second interval. once the window is all the way down the window would stop of course.

this is not how OEM does it tho :/

plus it will burn the motor in the window faster because it may have a second or two when the motor is running still trying to open or close the window once it was already open.

I meant as a possible solution to burning the current one out by hacking it with a relay.
well you can't really 'hack a motor'

but you can get a digital potentiometer that you can use to set the timing perfect so you don't need to worry (7.25 seconds for example to make a full open/close) :)

I wasn't referring to hacking the motor itself. Just the process.

Ok so Ive been reading up on this and I'm sort of understanding but not like I should. I'm ordering the CarID fogs and On their site for installation its instructed as this:
http://www.carid.com/images/spyder/fog-lights/pdf/fog-lights-installation-instructions.pdf

I've drawn my own diagram of what I've come up with..its not good but I want to know if it correct.
My main question/concern is...do I fuse tap the ignition wire with 2x 10A in slot #23 in the fuses under the driver side dash?
I can connect the power wire with the fuse to the battery and ground the switch, ect...it is just how to wire the ignition wire. This is a little more complicated for me than my 8thgen.
With everything set up the way it is on my DIY diagram, can I turn the fogs on an off anytime I want when the car is on?

Attachments

• IMG_1624[1].JPG
    IMG_1624[1].JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 21
Last edited:
Ok so Ive been reading up on this and I'm sort of understanding but not like I should. I'm ordering the CarID fogs and On their site for installation its instructed as this:
http://www.carid.com/images/spyder/fog-lights/pdf/fog-lights-installation-instructions.pdf

I've drawn my own diagram of what I've come up with..its not good but I want to know if it correct.
My main question/concern is...do I fuse tap the ignition wire with 2x 10A in slot #23 in the fuses under the driver side dash?
I can connect the power wire with the fuse to the battery and ground the switch, ect...it is just how to wire the ignition wire. This is a little more complicated for me than my 8thgen.
With everything set up the way it is on my DIY diagram, can I turn the fogs on an off anytime I want when the car is on?

you'll have to ground your switch and everything, that that certainly looks proper. you won't need to feed additional power from the fuse tap, because your 12v from the battery will already power the relay, the relay is a NC relay and becomes open on switch from fog power button/toggle. you must wire into the fog fuse (#12 in engine bay) @ 20A because it is powered by car ECU/computer and will have the auto-shutoff feature after 15/30 seconds after car is locked.

in this case, all it means is that you have a full power feed from the battery, so your power will be un-interrupted, yet you will need to feed two sets of power into the relay. power and control.

you cannot feed from #23 in the cabin because it's ignition powered and won't work the way Honda had intended it (things like having the fogs on while high beams are on, etc)

otherwise, you know that you cannot feed directly from the fuse slot because 20A fuses would blow for pretty much everyone that put HID fogs because of the inrush current haha

anyways... put a 30A inline fuse with the 12v feed from the battery, wire it all up, and tuck the wires. you should be good :)

Thanks Pauly99to17 for the shout out :p

Ok so just X out the fuse tap into #23; got it...but, I'm not quite sure how I need to wire into the #12 fuse under the hood.
From the relay it has the Switch(green), Ground(black), Fog Split(red), Power(white), and Ignition(green)

Where does the Ingnition(green) get wired to? #12 fuse, and if so, how?

Let me put out the Bat signal for ya...... AlienPrime

Let's see if he can answer this one for us. BTW.....please provide another diagram once you get this figured out because mine should be installed shortly too. A+

I will man..whats messed up is that I do wiring for a living lol. I'm a Communications Install Tech for all public safety in my state and we turn cars into cop cars, undercover interceptors, install radio communication systems, etc... I'm doing this all day at work but I can't seem to figure out how in the hell to get fogs to work haha, but I hooked my fogs up with no issues on my 8thgen...I don't get it lol

Oh, well that makes me feel better. Your diagram helped me out a lot! Seems it just needs to be tweaked.

Last edited:
Yeah...what throws me off is the ignition wire provided by the fog kit..its like they want it to be ignition sensed but also maintain constant power from the battery. This was why I asked about fuse tapping it into the #23 ignition slot under the drivers panel fuse box...
I remember in the 8thgen I hooked it up just like the way I had it on the diagram i posted and they would come on when i hit the unlock button on my key..and I could have them on just by themselves with no headlights, or have them on with my brights lol

Also, on the instructions for the fogs on CarID, it says; "connect the ignition wires on parking lights or run through firewall and hot wire to ignition fuse..."
To me that sounds like fuse tapping into the Ignition slot making this kit run off ignition sense...?!? This is giving me a headache lol

Also, on the instructions for the fogs on CarID, it says; "connect the ignition wires on parking lights or run through firewall and hot wire to ignition fuse..."
To me that sounds like fuse tapping into the Ignition slot making this kit run off ignition sense...?!? This is giving me a headache lol
Ya, that makes sense to me (although I have limited wiring experience). If they are connected to parking lights then we can leave the button switched to the on position and not need to worry about them staying on and draining our battery.
???

Well, the way they worked on my 8thgen; they were always off unless I hit the switch to turn them on. When they were off, I could lock/unlock the car and the fogs would flash like the turn signals and brake lights do when you hit your key fob. I could turn them on with the button ONLY when the key was in the ignition; with the car off. Then when driving, I could turn the fogs on and off when I please, even if I didn't have any lights on at all or when I had all my lights on.

Back