DIY Electrical Work inside/outside your car!

Well, I think I found the answer..... From website called Gearheads.org

He credited her preference to the better power delivery from the 1.8-liter engine and five-speed automatic transmission in the 2012, not to mention the seating position and outward visibility, were leagues better in the 2012 than in the 2000 model. His grandmother’s only complaints centered around the dual-stack instrument cluster and the lack of an illuminated ring around the ignition key.

Seems like Canada gets screwed again.....:banghead: :rantsmiley: :mad:".................:surrender:

Last edited:
I still would like to see someone with an LX or EX post a picture.
I wonder how hard it would be to add a light in that ring? :think:

Last edited:
Thanks man! $55 for me to add an LED is a little outrageous. Think I'm going to do something myself.

Last edited:
Thought i might add this for people going with LED/LED style signal bulbs that use less than the 50w req.

Simple wattage correction :)
d6TJFmE.png

Also added this to my retrofitting DIY :)

so i don't need resistors for anything except turn signals?
I put resistors on my LED fogs and hi beams, but do i need them there?

so i don't need resistors for anything except turn signals?
I put resistors on my LED fogs and hi beams, but do i need them there?
no certainly not. it doesn't matter how much power they use, car will not notice that wattage change :)

only LED signals is needed for the functionality. will try and post pictures tonight :)

no certainly not. it doesn't matter how much power they use, car will not notice that wattage change :)

only LED signals is needed for the functionality. will try and post pictures tonight :)

ok that's what I thought, just checking

Back