DIY Electrical Work inside/outside your car!

I do have a Head Unit and Reverse Camera install project coming up that I may need guidance on. i.e. where to tap into the reverse light for camera activation and where to splice the wire for the parking brake interlock for the Head Unit. Although, I have a bypass for this coming that may negate that need. Hopefully the instructions are clear.

Also, debating whether or not I want to do a video out from my phone to the Head Unit or the iMid for navigation purposes.
hmmm well those are all things i would need to take pictures of for you :)

making diagrams won't really help you :) Do you know how to make T splice on stranded wire? :)

Nope. I know nothing about wiring other than the basics of home improvement (e.g. outlets/switches/fixtures) and how to solder a Head Unit harness.

Last edited:
Under car lighting just makes me think of F&F

I'm getting better with wires cause of you AP. :). Gave me lots of help for my interior lights.:bighug:

Last edited:
webby

From the word association thread:

AP: car
squiggy: fast
AP: furious
squiggy: underglow
FAPPY: gay

Sorry man. I had to share with webby. Especially because I really don't like to muck up the word association thread with chatter.

AlienPrime

I am ready to wire my backup camera. I assume I just tap into the reverse light wire?

2013-04-08 18.17.44.jpg2013-04-08 18.19.09.jpg

Last edited:
Back