DIY Electrical Work inside/outside your car!

And if so, did his process potentially have any problems?
There are three gold stars up for grabs on this one.
lol depending how he decided to wire them yes. if he spiced into the signal wires there are no problems, just runs a wire for power.. i don't see what would be so difficult....

Doesn't look as though Mr. K24power07 wants to share his secret! haha well worry no more :D
I just so happen to know that the power mirror feed is more than sufficient to run the lights/reflectors for signaling inside :D

There are two wire that need to be run to that unit. You'd need to throw in a third wire for the mirror motorif you choose to get the JDm auto-folding mirrors (here)

Want me to draw a diagram? it may not help as much as you'd like but i can tell you what wires to tap into and where to run the power feed from. reality is, it's a OC swtich that runs off the command the signal stick gives. it is consistently powered and waiting for signal from the signal sticky thingy that you move up and down like a paddle :D
A diagram would be fantastic. I seem to understand where the power was coming from, but I couldn't understand where he was drawing the turn signal indicators from since there are none that I am aware of in the doors. At least, the official Electrical Troubleshooting manual doesn't show any such wires.
I looks like he had to run an extra wire from somewhere for something, but it doesn't explain exactly how he ran it, what it was ran for, nor where he tapped into it.

Last edited:
ZligQ5F.png

But okayy :D

Will do in an hour or so :)

I'm actually very serious about this. I don't like the idea of pulling apart my door to find out the hard way. My car is a daily driver, so leaving the car in pieces isn't an option for me...and you seem to be full of knowledge in this realm.

Alright here we are. First, you will see scheme view of how the car is laid out. the image on the left if the switching mechanism that controls your power in and out of the signal control box. As you can see the dotted lines are the wires you must add to run to either mirror. Keep in mind like i said, if you buy the JDM powered mirrors you'd need to run another wire to power those because you don't want power cuttin on you while trying to signal hahahah! Both the enclosure and switch are grounded as you can see. runs out in both Right and L configuration. Splice at right and left, run an ADDITIONAL wire from each lead (both right and left) run them to the mirror power. The on and off switching and all other function is controlled by the signal switch device box. all you gotta do is run the power :)

hope this all makes sense to you :D

J1ujAR7.jpg

zBUXXpf.jpg

Last edited:
great diagrams very helpful. Webby has directed me to the mighty alien prime to see if he can answer my question. on the fog light relays is there a diagram or do you know how it works? i ask this because a relay should be able to be jumped out by jumping the signal wire to a positive correct? i would like to do that so i don't have to run a separate switch and relay circuit to have independent fog lights as shown in this diy http://9thcivic.com/forum/threads/2012-civic-si-independent-fogs-picture-heavy.6121/#post-144042

Thanks

i would like to know the correct way to activate the fog lights when turning on your parking lights. "creep mode" if you will. so basically i want to flip my switch on for the corner lights and have the fogs come on then, instead of having to turn the headlights on to have them.

great diagrams very helpful. Webby has directed me to the mighty alien prime to see if he can answer my question. on the fog light relays is there a diagram or do you know how it works? i ask this because a relay should be able to be jumped out by jumping the signal wire to a positive correct? i would like to do that so i don't have to run a separate switch and relay circuit to have independent fog lights as shown in this diy http://9thcivic.com/forum/threads/2012-civic-si-independent-fogs-picture-heavy.6121/#post-144042

Thanks
this is quite simple. the + will need to go out of the relay because you need to complete that same circuit. All the relay will do is keep a circuit in a normally closed or normally open case until otherwise given direction.

i would like to know the correct way to activate the fog lights when turning on your parking lights. "creep mode" if you will. so basically i want to flip my switch on for the corner lights and have the fogs come on then, instead of having to turn the headlights on to have them.
the easiest way to do this is make your hazards fuse slot switched, this way you can shut off the power to that location. Would need to run separate switches for each one. This could prove difficult.

this is quite simple. the + will need to go out of the relay because you need to complete that same circuit. All the relay will do is keep a circuit in a normally closed or normally open case until otherwise given direction.
Do we have a diagram of the relay or do you have a better way to do this? I just want to by pass the relay so the fogs stay on with high beams and on with out headlights. I also want it to turn off with the car. As long as it is a circuit that shuts off with the car I could always carry that over to the signal wire correct?

Do we have a diagram of the relay or do you have a better way to do this? I just want to by pass the relay so the fogs stay on with high beams and on with out headlights. I also want it to turn off with the car. As long as it is a circuit that shuts off with the car I could always carry that over to the signal wire correct?
you'd have to take apart the harness and re-wire it yourself. i can make a diagram but it won't be much help as there would be numerous wire to pull....

this relay sucks. it turns on only when the headlights are on low beams and also only if the switch for the fogs are turned on. this is a pain in the ars

Last edited:
Back